This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my backup light switch?

Can anyone tell me where the backup light switch is supposed to be in my 1966 Cruiser? It's plain as day in the wiring diagram, but no-where in any shop manual does it tell where it is. Were mechanics omniscient in the old days? By the way, my car has the automatic transmission. Thanks.

On the steering column, under the dash. Unless it's a PowerShift)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Avanti
    54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

Under the dash, on top of the steering column, down by the firewall. The black box with all the wires. BTDT.

And yes the books assume a certain level of competence or training that I don't have either.[:I]

I'm sure we all know what the word assume stands for...[8)]

Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Thanks! I noticed that box on the '64 Daytona I used to have. I never could figure out what it was for.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The 1965-66 Shop Manual is a supplemental manual, meaning that it only contains information that is different than the information in the big 1959-64 manual. In that book you will find the adjustment procedure and a good close-up of the switch in the transmission section under the heading 'Flightomatic, Selector Controls'. The adjustment procedure without any pictures can also be found in the manual tansmission section under 'Gearshift Controls'.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks Dwain. I do have the full 1959-64 shop manual. I never thought to look under the transmission section. In fact I hardly ever look at the transmission section, but what you say makes sense, except that in my mind electrical switches should be handled in the electrical section of the manual - silly me.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
            X