Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964 Convertible...Detectives Needed, Please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Convertible...Detectives Needed, Please!

OK, gang, does anybody know the whereabouts of the original tags off 1964 Daytona Convertible 64VI8646? We are talking about the factory-affixed Serial Number Plate below the driver door upper hinge, and the under-hood cowl tag. The Serial Number tag will have 64VI8646, of course, and the cowl tag will be 64V-L8 473 (NOT to be confused with tag #423 discussed in "About the Covers" of the April 2006 Turning Wheels.)

I have today inspected the car itself, which is basically complete but in poor condition, and the legitimate, current Indiana TITLE to the car, indicating that Serial Number. The car can be verified as being 64VI8646 due to how it was configured, per the July 1986 Turning Wheels listing of 1964 convertibles. It still has its original engine in it, apparently untouched, VM326. Only one other convertible was built with an engine number VM326, and it had column-shift Flightomatic, whereas this one had (and still does) Powershift floor automatic.

I have no financial interest in this car and never did, but would like to help the legal owner collect the original tags for it. (The frame is far too rusty to reveal a "secret serial number.")

Unfortunately, there is the possibility that these tags were removed and sold together at a Swap Meet, [xx(] possibly with a no-longer-valid title. Hence, any information would be appreciated. I may be e-mailed off group at bobcaripalma at hotmail.com if you'd rather not post for some reason. However, the legal owner is not an SDC member and asked that I not disclose additional information, so I will honor that request. As I said, I have today personally inspected both the car and its current, proper Indiana title, and both are legitimate.

Thanks! Bob Palma

Working...
X