This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My small new Studebaker

I finally broke down and bought a trailer for my lawn tractor. It will make it easier to haul the firewood around. But, the tailgate looked bare, so it got some Studebaker vinyl script on it - the same as on the M and early 2R truck and '41 car horn buttons.

I've got a few more of these vinyl scripts cut. They are about 26" long, 6" high, color is silver. $20 each. Email me if you want one.

Incidentally, Sears rated the trailer for only 200 lbs capacity. I swear the metal is as heavy as on my M5 bed. I've got one of those Northern Equipment garden wagons that's rated for 1000 lbs! I used it to move the Champ 6 engine for the M5. It must be Sears' lawyers writing the specs these days, right?

Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, MA
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    Pictures and stories of Studebaker cars and trucks, including 1965 Wagonaire, 1963 Wagonaire, 1953 Commander Starliner, and 1948 M5 half-ton pickup truck. Test drive the Wagonaire. Stereo sound from 1965 music. Cars owned by Gary Ash, Dartmouth, Mass.

I love it, Gary!

You can really confuse the neighbors by replacing all the decor of your lawn tractor with some well placed old truck chrome lettering, plus a hood ornament!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Great idea, Gary! I'll have to do mine up like that.[]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How tall is the "S"? Will this decal stick to a wood bed on a 51 Stude dump truck?
        P.S. I like my truck, can't you tell? [8D]

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
        51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
        52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

Matthew, the S is 5-1/2" tall. I wouldn't advise putting vinyl lettering on rough wood, though maybe on smooth, sanded, painted wood. You could put a painted sheet of metal on first, then apply lettering.

Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, MA
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          Pictures and stories of Studebaker cars and trucks, including 1965 Wagonaire, 1963 Wagonaire, 1953 Commander Starliner, and 1948 M5 half-ton pickup truck. Test drive the Wagonaire. Stereo sound from 1965 music. Cars owned by Gary Ash, Dartmouth, Mass.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

I always thought it would be interesting to take a latter-day Dodge pickup, remove any mention of Dodge, and place Studebaker trim, name-badges and decals on the truck. Dodge's strong "face" looks like a natural progression of the Studebaker Champ, had it lived. Dodge's are attractive and definitely the style leader in pickups as was Studebaker 40+ years ago!

Studedude1961
            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Nice looking wagon in the background.

Lotsa Larks!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Actually, there are "twins". The '65 Commander is fine, the '63 Standard needs lots of work.

More pics at www.studegarage.com

Gary Ash
                Dartmouth, MA
                '48 M5
                '65 Wagonaire Commander
                '63 Wagonaire Standard
                Gary Ash
                Dartmouth, Mass.

'48 M5
                '65 Wagonaire Commander
                '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

Mr. Ash, how's that 63 Wagon coming along?

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
                  51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                  52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

quote:Originally posted by garyash

Actually, there are "twins".
                    TWINKIES!

sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Gary,
                      You've some really nice restoration work on your vehicles. From here, the '63 Wagonaire doesn't look too bad, very restorable. I'm sure you'll do a terrific job on it.
                      I've never been to the Reedsville swap meet. How does it compare with the York meet?
                      Good luck with the restoration.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Not the Gary that you are asking, but I have been to the majority of the Reedsville and York meets. IMHO, Reedsville is the best for buying parts and York is best for buying cars and visiting. I have never been a vendor at either.

Gary L.
                        1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                        1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'll go along with Gary L. on his evaluation of Reedsville and York. Both meets give us all something "Studebaker" to do in the winter. I have "only" been going to these meets for about 10 years now, but I sure have met a great bunch of people because of them. I like Reedsville partly because it is in a very scenic, very rural part of Pennsylvania. Sometimes the weather stinks there and all you get is cold gray skies and dismal rain - when it isn't sleet or snow. A few times, I've hit it lucky and the sun was out. This meet is one where you can take your time going from table to table and chat up a bunch of people. You never know what you might learn! I've always found a group of people to go out to dinner with, very casual, very relaxing. There is usually a good group that turn up at Max Corkins' in the evening. I drive 450 miles to get there, others drive much farther. Here's my take on the 2004 meet: http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm

That said, York is great, too. More people, tables, and cars for sale. It's a very well-organized show. My wife will come to York to see people and cars - and see the local attractions and restaurants. She's not so positive on Reedsville, but accepts that it's a "guy thing" to stare at greasy, rusty old car parts for a couple of days. So, York 2005: http://www.studegarage.com/york2005.htm

Gary Ash
                          Dartmouth, MA
                          '48 M5
                          '65 Wagonaire Commander
                          '63 Wagonaire Standard
                          Gary Ash
                          Dartmouth, Mass.

'48 M5
                          '65 Wagonaire Commander
                          '63 Wagonaire Standard

Comment

Working...
                          X