PDA

View Full Version : fenders

imported_n/a
04-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I have been working for hours on the fenders of my 1960 Lark. How on Gods green earth do you remove a fender on a Lark?!?!?:( I would like to take this fender off, pound out the dents, and put it back on. is that possible? If so, how??
Thanks

JDP
04-09-2006, 11:58 PM
There are bolts on the rear inner fender flange, on the inner fenders (inside the wheel well) and to the front panel on the sides and top. Might be easier to leave the front panel bolted in place and remove the front clip as a unit.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Daytona Convert.

imported_n/a
04-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I saw bolts on the inner fender. But on a normal car there would be more bolts under the hood. It looks like it may be welded where there should be bolts.

studebakerkid
04-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Naw you just aint got all the bolts pulled yet. If all you want to do is wang out a dent just jack it up on a stand and remove the wheel and wand out the dent with a hammer.

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
61 V8 Tcab
61 Tcab 20R powered
54 Champion Wagon

klifton1
04-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Did you get the fender off?
Klif

dpson
04-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you trying to remove just the outer fender? If so, your observation is correct in that it is welded; welded to the inner fender and also a small headlight filler panel. You have to take the whole unit off, which includes the bolts where the inner panel connects to the cowl. Also be aware that there are two bolts in the bottom of the "eyebrow" over the headlight which connect the fender to the front grill panel. These are usually covered with undercoating and are rusty due to water and junk being collected there. It may be easiest to pull off the front wheels to get at these.

1960 Lark Convertible
1962 Lark Regal Convertible

mjeansonne
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with JDP. Its probably easier to remove the whole front clip. It will give you an opportunity to clean everything anyway.

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker