X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Parts: Rear window

Hi

JayTee here. I'm a new member looking for that small bracket (molding?) that joins the two sides at the top of the inside rear window frame on a 1953 Commander. Is there a separate section of this site for "Parts" or "Classified"?

Thanks
    JayTee

Yes,go back to the home page-look for 'classified'. Someone on here will likely have the part,though,and ship it to you cheap!! Stay tuned.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

No special parts request forum. I'll look and see if I have one of those in my stuff.
      By the way - welcome aborad! What model '53 Commander do you have? Coupe, hardtop, sedan???

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JayTee

Hi

JayTee here. I'm a new member looking for that small bracket (molding?) that joins the two sides at the top of the inside rear window frame on a 1953 Commander. Is there a separate section of this site for "Parts" or "Classified"?

Thanks
        JayTee
        This really struck me because I also need that part and also the lower one for the inside of the rear window on my '54 Commander Starliner.

Gary L.
        1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
        1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

make sure you specify color... most later cars were either semi-flat black or stainless, but the early cars had different colors, for instance my '55 has all those parts in this weird tan/grey color with a hint of pink in it (not sure what the name of that color is, but I had to have some mixed for my quarter windows.)

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          62 Daytona hardtop
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

It's great to get all those responses!

Miscreant at large: Please let me know if you have one. (JayTeeHere@verizon.net)

The color of my frame is black, but I'll take what I can get.

My Commander is a coupe. It's my only Stude. I have several old cars, all acquired because I love the lines. Other treasures include:

A 1940 Cadillac Fleetwood 2-passenger convertible

A 1953 Hudson Hornet Coupe

A 1957 Lincoln Continental Mark II

A 1965 Plymouth Belvedere

A 1968 Plymouth GTX

Thanks for your replies.
            JayTee

Comment

Working...
            X