This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Hawk!

Okay, not really. One of my buddies went to the Memphis meet with me last year and picked up Hawk emblem for cheap. For kicks, he clipped it on the front of his Honda Civic... And it's remained on there ever since! It lasted the 5-hour trip back as well as day-to-day traffic for months now. Maybe it's trying to tell him to ditch the Honda?

Just thought I'd post something light-hearted for a change.

1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

Eric, you've created a really, wildly cusstomized Hawk. Some folks swap out only the engine, brakes, maybe seats and what not. YOU, on the other hand, are driving what could be argued to be the most customized Hawk that man has ever seen!
    It takes courage to take a Hawk - change EVERYTHING you can about it, and then proudly drive it as a Studebaker! Good on you, fella!

I was cutting the grass last week, with my highly modifed '59 Lark. Then somehow, the Briggs & Stratton-powered portion became detached from the Lark Horn button I'd attached it to![:0][xx(]
    Gotta get another tube of silicone adhesive![8D]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That reminds me of 1978 when I went to the SDC International Convention in the middle of a series of visits, including a niece's wedding. We went in a 1978 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that I put Lark wheelcovers on. I referred to it as my highly modified Lark.

Gary L.
      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There ya go, Gary! Let's take these customs to some meets. Surely we'd get some sort of prize, no?[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You too?! I thought I was the only one! It's the darnedest thing trying to get the fender spears to stay on my Craftsman 25.0hp!

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I was cutting the grass last week, with my highly modifed '59 Lark. Then somehow, the Briggs & Stratton-powered portion became detached from the Lark Horn button I'd attached it to![:0][xx(]
          Gotta get another tube of silicone adhesive![8D]

Comment

LOL. Nice, Gary! Did it look something like this?

quote:Originally posted by studegary

That reminds me of 1978 when I went to the SDC International Convention in the middle of a series of visits, including a niece's wedding. We went in a 1978 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that I put Lark wheelcovers on. I referred to it as my highly modified Lark.

Comment

Man, that's one WILD 63 Cruiser! (those are '63 wheelcovers) How long did it take to put that baby together[:0][?] How do you feel about that Olds powertrain as opposed to the stock one I'll bet the tilt wheel and the A/C were a buggar to figure out, eh?

I don't know who did this one but it's a stunner![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Eman, the ornament is the best part of your buddy's car. Keep that and throw away the rest of it. [}]

Comment

[] Maybe we should put the Honda on eBay and see if we can get the rest of the Hawk to go with the ornament?!

quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

Eman, the ornament is the best part of your buddy's car. Keep that and throw away the rest of it. [}]

Comment

Sounds like a good plan!

Comment

There ya go, Gary! Let's take these customs to some meets. Surely we'd get some sort of prize, no?[}]
                      I have never entered a modified Studebaker in any SDC meet. However, I have entered MANY stock Studebakers in SDC meets, including SDC International Meets.

Gary L.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Basically I Google'd a 1978 Delta 88 to find the car pic and then just cut out the wheelcovers of a Lark and put them on the Olds in Photoshop.

Man, that's one WILD 63 Cruiser! (those are '63 wheelcovers) How long did it take to put that baby together[:0][?] How do you feel about that Olds powertrain as opposed to the stock one I'll bet the tilt wheel and the A/C were a buggar to figure out, eh?

I don't know who did this one but it's a stunner![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President 2-dr
                        1955 President State
                        1951 Champion Biz cpe
                        1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eman

LOL. Nice, Gary! Did it look something like this?

Close, but not quite. I used '59-'60 wheelcovers, not '63s.

Gary L.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Uh...not to throw water on your little bit 'o fun here but did you know there really is a Honda Hawk? Late seventies, early eightys, IIRC. Just had two wheels though, not four. And no steering wheel, handle bars instead.[^]
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Was at an all make motorcycle show in Halifax a few weeks back,have you noticed how the Japenese bikes are getting bigger,more gaudy and ugly,and wierder names every year?
                              That Honda Hawk was a one or two year wonder IIRC. If it dosen't sell,its gone and out comes three new ones to replace it.
                              Last summer I took a 2000cc Kawasaki Vulcan for a test ride(it was ride anything you want day at the local dealers),what a pig! When I got back on my Lowrider it actually felt small,sleek,and very nimble(which it is) by comparison. If this trend continues in a few years you'll be able to buy a small block V-8 *** bike that weighs 2000lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X