This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Engine Compartment On 61 Lark

I removed just about everything under the hood except the engine and painted the inner fenders and cowl etc. This will be a good time to replace the heater hoses with the correct black hose rather than the red. I found a little rust under the battery so I used Eastman's Rust Converter before I painted it. I will post another picture of the finished project later when everything is back in place.

1961 Lark

I had to put my office back together after the painters were done ( I hate how working cuts into my play time) but now I finished the engine compartment. It looks great and with the valves all adjusted and tuned up it looks, sounds, and runs like new.

1961 Lark

Comment

Wow, that really looks good. I should be doing that on my '62 but I'm having too much fun with my '55 right now...

you know, you're going to have to paint the underside of that hood and/or install a new pad now...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I know the under side needs paint but it looks like they didn't do it at the factory so I thought I would paint it flat black unless I can find a new pad somewhere.

1961 Lark

Comment

Working...
        X