Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars That Matter Price Guide

Greetings, All,

As a long time subscriber of Automobile Quarterly, I just received a copy of their "Cars That Matter Price Guide." Of course, I assumed Studebaker would be in there:

1. '47-52 Regal Deluxe Convertible - #1 cond - $76,900
    2. '62-64 GT Hawk 225hp 4spd - #1 cond - $50,000
    3. '63-64 R1 Avanti - #1 - $33,900

Anyone agree? Disagree?

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
    PackardV8

I guess if you can afford to subscribe to Automobile Quarterly you can afford those prices. Don't mean that to be directed toward you. The editor must think that people are fools. I remember whn you could buy a new G/T for a little over 3 grand. He's NUTS.

Comment

I guess if you can afford to subscribe to Automobile Quarterly you can afford those prices. Don't mean that to be directed toward you. The editor must think that people are fools. I remember whn you could buy a new G/T for a little over 3 grand. He's NUTS.

Comment

A true number 1 at Barrette Jackson maybe. The rag tops has already done that at auction, as have the Avanti's. I've never seen a condition 1 GT change hands, but a few #2's have gone into the 30's. i.e. Ed Ellis's # 1 C cab truck brought 50K, and a M series did in the 70's this year.

64 Commander 2 dr.
        64 GT Hawk R2 clone
        64 Daytona HT
        63 Cruiser
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        63 Lark 2 door #2
        62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
        62 Lark 2 door
        60 Lark HT
        60 Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

A true number 1 at Barrette Jackson maybe. The rag tops has already done that at auction, as have the Avanti's. I've never seen a condition 1 GT change hands, but a few #2's have gone into the 30's. i.e. Ed Ellis's # 1 C cab truck brought 50K, and a M series did in the 70's this year.

64 Commander 2 dr.
          64 GT Hawk R2 clone
          64 Daytona HT
          63 Cruiser
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          63 Lark 2 door #2
          62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
          62 Lark 2 door
          60 Lark HT
          60 Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I guess at my age it is just mind boggling to even think of these figures. I remember at the last Harruh's auction Jack Nethercutt bought an all seasons roadster(unrestored) for $70,000 and the Buggatti Royale went for $1,750,000. I thought then that those prices werewere ridiculas. Just old , too old for my own good.

Comment

I guess at my age it is just mind boggling to even think of these figures. I remember at the last Harruh's auction Jack Nethercutt bought an all seasons roadster(unrestored) for $70,000 and the Buggatti Royale went for $1,750,000. I thought then that those prices werewere ridiculas. Just old , too old for my own good.

Comment

I think he is right there on the convertable and the hawk, and a little high on the Avanti.

Comment

I think he is right there on the convertable and the hawk, and a little high on the Avanti.

Comment

Avantis never get any respect ...

There has been an Avanti at Barret Jackson??

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Avantis never get any respect ...

There has been an Avanti at Barret Jackson??

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

So '53 C's and K's don't matter?[V]
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

So '53 C's and K's don't matter?[V]
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Personally, Studebaker owners, especailly those that have been in the hobby for 20+ years do not understand that cars that are 40 years old and are unusual are and should be worth much more then they think they are worth. What is the point of collecting something that has no value? If you worked on your pride and joy and got it to where it was as good as or better then what you could have bought new and some one ran into and destoyed your car would you just say "well its not worth anything so just write it off"? Is this what you would tell your insurance company or maybe you would just agree to take nothing for it?

Comment

Personally, Studebaker owners, especailly those that have been in the hobby for 20+ years do not understand that cars that are 40 years old and are unusual are and should be worth much more then they think they are worth. What is the point of collecting something that has no value? If you worked on your pride and joy and got it to where it was as good as or better then what you could have bought new and some one ran into and destoyed your car would you just say "well its not worth anything so just write it off"? Is this what you would tell your insurance company or maybe you would just agree to take nothing for it?

Comment

Working...
                              X