This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIIII'm baaaaack! Hello again!

Missed you all a lot. Especially the valuable help and info. I got into a fight with my internet carrier and they cancelled me. They seem to want payment even when they don't provide me with service. I know it's splitting hairs, but I like to get a product or service once I have paid for it. Details, details...

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith

Don't get into an argument with your Studebaker dealer.[}] You'll LOSE![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Don't get into an argument with your Studebaker dealer.[}] You'll LOSE![:0]

I just had some car keys "lifted" in the US mail. When I contacted the Post Office, the manager said to get the key codes and go to dealer. Then I told him that the keys were for a Studebaker and that the car was already on a transporter headed to me.

Gary L.
      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yeah......... That reminds me of the claim I filed with UPS a few years back. I'd shipped some Avanti parts to a guy on the east coast. One of the cast metal pulleys arrived in pieces and some other parts were damaged beyond fixing.
        I talked, several times, with a claims advisor at UPS - trying to make her understand that the pieces lost were off a vintage car and were not easily replaceable. She just kept repeating that I'd have to get documentation from a dealer as to what the replacement costs were.[xx(]
        This merry-go-round ran on for about 3 weeks, until one day she called me to say that UPS had decided not to honor my claim. 30 minutes later, a UPS driver delivered a check for the amount I'd put in for! Believe me, I had that check cashed in 20 minutes![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Customer service by internet providers isn't high by any standard. At least, in my experience.

Comment

I shipped my last NOS '53 C/K door sill plate via UPS. When it got to the destination, the box had been crushed lengthwise. It took a lot, like a forklift trying to make it fit into a space, like on a truck, that was shorter than the box. After the baloney about getting a dealer parts estimate for replacement, etc., I did collect $100. Of course the sill plate couldn't be replaced for $100, but that is what I had sold it for. I refunded the money. I ended up with a lot of grief and the restorer ended up not having a NOS sill plate.

Gary L.
            1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
            1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here's a good one...
              Every time that S.I. shipps me anything I tell them NOT UPS!! What do they do? Why ship it by UPS of course. It takes it two days to get to the Nothern California distribution centre and another week to ten days to get to me. See, I live off the beaten path. They can't handle that. so it bounces around from place to place till they pull their head out of their.... Nevermind.

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have never had a problem collecting fron UPS. I have never been able to collect one dime from Canada Post or FedEx. With UPS, all I've ever had to do was show proof of the value, usually I print out the Ebay sale page with the final price on it, and wait a couple of weeks, and I get the bux. FedEx makes me reship the damaged item to some warehouse in Florida, then ships it back to me with a note that they won't pay. Canada Post just ignores me. Still, Post Office is the only way to ship to Canada, unless you are shipping to a big company that can afford the agent to handle the tax paperwork. Those poor Canucks tax themselves even more than we do. The red tape will be handled by the Canada Post for an idividual much faster and cheaper than UPS or any private carrier on the northern side.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by whacker

I have never had a problem collecting fron UPS. I have never been able to collect one dime from Canada Post or FedEx. With UPS, all I've ever had to do was show proof of the value, usually I print out the Ebay sale page with the final price on it, and wait a couple of weeks, and I get the bux. FedEx makes me reship the damaged item to some warehouse in Florida, then ships it back to me with a note that they won't pay. Canada Post just ignores me. Still, Post Office is the only way to ship to Canada, unless you are shipping to a big company that can afford the agent to handle the tax paperwork. Those poor Canucks tax themselves even more than we do. The red tape will be handled by the Canada Post for an idividual much faster and cheaper than UPS or any private carrier on the northern side.
                  Amen to that, Whacker!

I live in a rural area in Canada. I doubt UPS could even FIND my place, let alone deliver to it. Plus, of course, you have to BE THERE to receive the shipment, without them being able to tell you exactly WHEN they might show up. I'm sure UPS works fine for business clients in urban areas; for consumers, and especially rural consumers, it sucks, at least here in Canada. I've had only good luck with Canada Post out here in the sticks, but in the city, their service was substandard.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I could give a rip about the ruddy value of the item. I just want the item!!
                    Megolithic companies! I hate them!! Grrrr....

Lotsa Larks!
                    Ron Smith
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I was a route driver for Airborne Express for about six months some years ago. I can tell you one thing all the drivers would say; don't pay the extra fee for the early morning delivery! It was common practice for all the drivers at AE, UPS, FedEx etc to scan the barcodes of the 1030 AM packages as soon as we left the distribution center, and to put the code "Business Closed or Not at Home" in the scanner. This was particularly true for rural deliveries.
                      Quite often I wouldn't get out of the warehouse until 0900 and the nearest point on my route was over thirty minutes away. 1030 delivery was a physical impossibility once they took my R4 Zip van away! Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X