This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Repairs

Hello, What ever happended to Clock Doc? I have tried to call, email, and looked at a changed web site. Can someone recommend a person who repairs clocks. I have a 1950 starlight that needs it's clock repaired.

Try Red Line Gauge in Humbolt, Tn 1-800-375-2310. I know he can convert it to quartz don't know if he still repairs. I have used him for over ten years and he stands behind his work. Good Luck

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Well Roy - I have no idea what became of Doc Clock. Maybe his time ran out![xx(]

If you only needed the Champion's clock CLEANED, I'd suggest Ted Harbit.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have a 1950 Champion with the clock located in the center,lower half of the speedometer.
        When it arrived from EBay, after a $318 winning bid, it was inoperative. It was an easy fix and has run over a year now. Carefulluy dis-assemble , a small jewellers screwdriver is whatl you need. I have fixed several auto clocks and most are of the point type and stop working when the points stick due to arcing caused pitting. You will see a coil solenoid, a metal shroud attached to a spring and the points. With alcohol(non-drinking kind), and swab, clean out the grime . Put a few drops of silicone oil at the gear and escapement balance points. Check the points and remove pits with a point file or emery cloth. While out of the case, apply 6 volts and the clock will snap to a wind position and start working. If it stops, manually encourage the balance wheel, repeating until it is running for an hour or so. Put it in the car and rejoice.
        ...Dick
        The 1950 Champion Starlight
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

Working...
        X