PDA

View Full Version : C Cab wiring harness for a 2R-10

doogietee
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Well the 1950 2R-10 restoration is proceeding. I've rebuilt the fuel pump and carburetor. Replaced fuel and fuel lines, added a fuel filter. It started and run great after that. Been traveling for a while so dropped it off at a mechanic I know and asked him to putter with it. He likes to putter. He complained weekly that he couldn't find much wrong with it. checked the brakes and changed fluids, adjusted linkages and replaced the tires. Surprisingly he changed the split rims himself. Impressive. Now it really runs great.

So, next step is replace the wiring. The wiring in this truck is pretty rotten. I want to keep this truck original because the body is in such great shape.

Question is what and where do I buy a harness? What being do I buy plastic wiring harness or can I find the original cloth wiring?

The other question is did this truck come originally with one tailgate on the left side? I still can figure that out. any assistance would be appreciated.

1950 2R10

jims53
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Rhode Island Wiring www.riwire.com ...Not cheap but very nice...

Jim

rockne10
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
YnZ's Yesterday Parts lists original coded cloth harness for $602 w/overdrive and $525 w/o overdrive. That's complete. I think Rhode Island itemizes front, rear, turn signals, etc. Both supply quality products.

http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/

All the trucks had one tailgate but it was in the center.[:o)]

DilloCrafter
03-29-2006, 10:48 PM
I believe what doogietee meant was "taillight" instead of "tailgate", am I correct? Anyhow, from what I see in the 1950 truck brochure at The Old Car Manual Project ( www.tocmp.com/brochures/Studebaker/1950/Truck//page/image13.html ) it appears that there was only one "stop" light that came standard, on the left side. It also lit up the license plate. Directional Signals were accessories at that time. Not sure how long before they became standard. Tip: when you get to that page in the brochure, click the image on the screen to free it from its small boundaries. Your browser may automatically keep it within the confines of your screen, but you can then put your mouse cursor over the lower right corner of the image to get a chance to see it full size.

http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
[i]The Red-Headed Amazon

Transtar60
03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
The right side tailight was optional till mid or late 1950's when it became mandantory in most states.

doogietee
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I did mean tailight and I do appreciate everyone's response. Although, now that I think about it, two tailgates would have been handy on these trucks, considering the current price of a new one!

1950 2R10