This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durant Okl

Hey ...anyone out there near Durant Oklahoma ? Thw wife has cousins there and we're considering heading down there before the Omaha meet for a couple of days . This could be quite a trip for the old Stude [8D]

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Hey ...anyone out there near Durant Oklahoma ? Thw wife has cousins there and we're considering heading down there before the Omaha meet for a couple of days . This could be quite a trip for the old Stude [8D]
    I'm 204 miles north of Durant, in Perkins.

OkieBob is 170 miles north of Durant in Dale.

Curt is 112 miles north of Durant in Seminole.

Actually, Okie Bob and I are closer than the MapQuest directions indicate, as they require you to drive several miles out of the way to get on I-35.

You will be only 150 miles from several club members in OKC,and 164 miles from others in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area.

I plan to leave for Omaha on Tues. morning, and wouldn't mind some company along the way. Don't know if we can get a caravan together that far away or not, I know several folks have different driving habits/needs.

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Hey Dave...thanks for the response . If we do do this I'll be sure to let you know . Its about 1350 miles from here to Durant , just a bit out of the way from Omaha ...but heck its probably the closest we'll ever be to that area and if the weather forcast shows decent weather we may just go for it . The Champ truck likes to run , its just me that may break down . the wife seems to be a bit concerned about going that far in it , worring about something happening but I told her it could happen in a modern car too , just have to be partially prepared. Farthest we've done was to Charlotte and that was 600 miles without problems ( besides the heat) just need to roll that air conditioner down and go faster
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

While September is a little too far for exact travel plans for me, a few of us from down south would probably be coming north on I-35 through Okieland on or about tuesday. We might could have us a convoy! Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KevinSheen

While September is a little too far for exact travel plans for me, a few of us from down south would probably be coming north on I-35 through Okieland on or about tuesday. We might could have us a convoy!
          I'd sure like that! Maybe two convoys, one for those that travel at 55 or so, and another for 70 or so!

sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Dillo, Yeah we could meet up on the way north. If your truck isn't ready yet I could probably get you in the truck somehow!, it does have an 8 FT box![8D] And I will be going to the party stag, the wife just isn't interested[B)] Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Mark me down for 70 Dave! Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

That's a long way off, but maybe sooner than I can be ready. I'm not making any guarantees that my truck will be ready and air conditioned by then. But if so, and if I can go to Omaha in September, I sure would like to catch up with the caravan. Kevin can meet up with me somewhere south of you, on his way up. We'll just all live dangerously together!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

quote:We'll just all live dangerously together!
                  That's the best way!

sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Almost sounds like all there is out there is trucks ! Now wouldn't that be a purdy sight heading up the hyway ....could cause some rubberneckin'
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I am in Seminole as Dave said earlier. Our plans are not solid, I think we will be leaving Sat. or Fri before the meet. We plan to spend a weekemd in Manhattan,KS. on the way up . Okie Bob and I have been talking about caravaning home from the convention. We are the 55 - 60 mph folks and there are some wonderful two lane country hwy roads that will be fine for our travel. I know there are some who said they ar 70 mph drivers and I think they will go I-35. I do not know, as of now, of any caravan plans going north, but Sept. is a long way off.

Comment

Working...
                      X