PDA

View Full Version : A/C question (ebon?)

N8N
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I've asked this before but I see Ebon is back so maybe he will see this, he can probably answer it...

Can I use a stock '63 Stude A/C bracket in my '55 coupe with an adapter plate to mount a Sanden style compressor and clear the hood? I do have the "R3" motor mounts installed as I figured I would be adding either A/C or a blower at some point in time.

If that doesn't work, I have pics of a flat plate type aftermarket bracket installed on a '55 coupe with a York compressor so I assume that would work equally well with a Sanden. It actually bolts to the water manifold between the water neck and the manifold, with a little support to one of the water manifold to head bolts. I don't know if that's enough to nail it down or not but I can email pics if that would help ID the setup. I have a friend that I believe has that same bracket kicking around his garage somewhere. Only problem is I don't know if it will work with P/S or not. Any input?

thanks

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Dan White
03-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Might want to check on the Vintage Air Stude V8 brackets for the Sanden compressors. They work with almost all of the Stude setups.

Dan White
64 R1 GT
64 R2 GT