This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna location

My 63 hawk has the antenna mounted on the left almost inline with windshield base, problem is it dumps water in on my feet when it rains, I have the fender off and want to seal that area. My question is..... can I relocate the antenna to the back lid? Did the 63's mount them there or were they exclusively on the left front?

Studebaker did offer an optional "rear deck" antenna for GT Hawks. Check the usual parts sources. You might get lucky and find a NOS one, or even a good used one.
    Dan Miller
    ROADRACELARK

Comment

Don Gay has a trunk mount[complete] on a 62 GT in his yard.309-443-5217.
      I should add,Don is a 'Stude vendor who advertises in TW,although I don't think he has run an ad for the last few months...

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      60Lark
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

The 63 Poop Hawk has a trunk mount.

quote:Originally posted by jfh

My 63 hawk has the antenna mounted on the left almost inline with windshield base, problem is it dumps water in on my feet when it rains, I have the fender off and want to seal that area. My question is..... can I relocate the antenna to the back lid? Did the 63's mount them there or were they exclusively on the left front?
        Proud Owner of the one and only 1963 BEND OVER POOP HAWK!

Comment

I'm away from home (and my literature) right now, but I think only the rear mount was offered at first because the front-to-rear trim at the top of the fenders interfered with the original location. Seems as though they did eventually introduce a template and a different antenna for fender mounting.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
          X