This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted The Trunk On The 61 Lark

When I got the Lark from Willis Ball he had done a nice paint job on the outside but did not paint inside the trunk or under the hood. I bought a trunk mat on ebay so I wanted to paint the trunk before installing the mat. Not too hard a job and it looks much better. The paint looks darker in the picture but it actually matches fairly well. There was a little surface rust on the trunk floor so I used rust converter on it before painting. I don't know if the spare tire cover is factory correct but it sure looks better than a bare spare.

1961 Lark

quote:Originally posted by jcarmichael

I bought a trunk mat on ebay so I wanted to paint the trunk before installing the mat. Not too hard a job and it looks much better.
    Very nice! What a difference. [^]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like that car was Autumn Haze when new.[8D] I like the platinum look better tho!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Funny-just as my Lark is about ready to paint,and I think I can get by without doing the inside of the trunk,you post this!!!
        I'll have to hire a midget to get in there and sand it!

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        60Lark
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

It works much better if you take the trunk lid off and paint it while it's laying flat. A lot of the hard places can be done with Scotchbrite rather than sandpaper.

1961 Lark

Comment

Great job!!! Hey 52 Hawk where do hire the midgets from?I need a couple . lol

Comment

Working...
            X