This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "reproduced" 1964-66 hood ornaments

I've been thinking of buying one of the reproduced hood ornaments with the S in the circle for my 66 Cruiser, but since I have had bad experiences with the fit of other supposed reproductions (like mirrors, emblems and hawk fender spear tips), I was wondering if these are equally flawed or if they really do fit the hood and look accurate. Has anyone bought one of these?

They fit fine, the Studebaker lettering is not quite as sharp as NOS, but nice enough.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

The repro's. are not bad, but the detail, especially "Studebaker", is not as sharp as NOS. As the price of repro's. goes up, more NOS ones become available. For example, I have one sitting in the room that I am currently in and I haven't decided to sell it or keep it for some future car.

15 years ago, I sold a lot of C/K stock that I now find myself re-purchasing at ten times the price.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I wish if someone's going to make this stuff they would bother to do it right. I hate paying good money for a freshly made trim part only to find that it doesn't fit, or the detail isn't very sharp. I can't see why it would cost a ton more to make a part 99% right than just "good enough".
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
        X