PDA

View Full Version : Lark gas cap wanted

Scott
03-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Has anyone got a good used stock locking or non-locking gas cap for the 1964-66 Cruisers? If I can't find a locking type, I hope to find a painted one (black is best) with the chrome bar. An all chrome one might be OK, too. The one I have now is a locking type, but after-market, pitted, and slightly oversized. Thanks.

Rosstude
03-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I have a NOS cap, that fits a 1966 Wagonaire. It has the chrome bar, and is painted with a red primer. When I get home tonight, I will let you know what it is worth to me. I purchased it from SI, no longer have the wagon, and intended to sell it on e-bay. I'll make you a deal if it fits your rig.

Ross.
Riverside, Ca.
1957 Provincial X2
1958 Transtar
1961 Cruiser

Scott
03-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks Ross!

I know the gas filler opening is on the side of the wagonaires and on the sedans it's in the middle of the back, but I bet it's the same cap. Maybe someone can verify that here.

studegary
03-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I haven't looked it up, but, IIRC, one is vented and one isn't (wagon vs. sedan).

Rosstude
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I am not sure if it will fit. The part I have is # 1559401 in the SI catalog. Lists 1959 to 1966 stationwagons, and it did fit our 66 Wagonaire.
I have one other of the same style, that did not fit the 66 wagon. I recall I pulled it off a 64 Lark, one that had single headlights like our 66, it too fits nothing I own at the moment, and is available if needed.
I do not have the knowledge nor the proper books to search this out, maybe someone here will know if it will work for you.
If so, and you want it, PM me for the low, low, low special SDC pricing;)

Ross.
Riverside, Ca.
1957 Provincial X2
1958 Transtar
1961 Cruiser

unclemiltie
03-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Some gas caps on the wagons and sedans are different even though first look tells you they are the same. The wagon one has a slight bend in the round portion on either side of the chrome handle. The wagon one will fit the sedan I think but will not look right due to the curvature. The part numbers are different for a reason in this case (sometimes the part numbers changed even though they were the same due to changes in suppliers etc) I think there is also a diiference in the caps between the earlier and later wagons.

Milt Yoder
SDC Newsletter Judge

Scott
03-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks Milt, that sounds pretty authoritative!