• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 FOUR DOOR WAGONS

I AM WONDERING HOW MANY 1962 WAGONS ARE STILL ON THE ROAD
    I JUST GOT ONE
    NO PICS YET
    JOHN

My guesstimate is 500, but there is truly no way to know with any certainty. There were 10,522 built. There were more built than Hawks or hardtops, but I imagine that the survival rate is lower based on initial usage and desirability/price.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My guesstimate is 500, but there is truly no way to know with any certainty. There were 10,522 built. There were more built than Hawks or hardtops, but I imagine that the survival rate is lower based on initial usage and desirability/price.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

Thanks Gary I found another this afternoon < maybe I can bring it back to life
        John

Comment

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

Thanks Gary I found another this afternoon < maybe I can bring it back to life
          John

Comment

Arkiejazz (Steve) has one that I gave him a couple of years ago. He's working on putting it back on the road.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Arkiejazz (Steve) has one that I gave him a couple of years ago. He's working on putting it back on the road.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sorry I can't help you John on the current number on the road, but like the other members, it sure brings back some memories. I remember like yesterday the Beige 1962 Regal Lark 8 wagon dad had as a demo Christmas 1961. It had the saddle Tan all vinyl interior and Auto Trans w/Pwr. Steering. We picked up the 6 1/2 ft. Chrismas tree with it and it was one of few demos he ever had that had the radio installed, so I could listen to KHJ AM rock-n-roll radio in L.A. CA!

But I can tell you this, if you have a regal with the deep padded radio surround and nice factory carpeted interior it probably is one of 5 or less left. I have NEVER seen another Regal one since 1961. It was a very poor seller in So. Calif. for some reason, my guess is the rear 1/4 panel styling! [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by lvanw

I JUST GOT ONE NO PICS YET
                JOHN
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry I can't help you John on the current number on the road, but like the other members, it sure brings back some memories. I remember like yesterday the Beige 1962 Regal Lark 8 wagon dad had as a demo Christmas 1961. It had the saddle Tan all vinyl interior and Auto Trans w/Pwr. Steering. We picked up the 6 1/2 ft. Chrismas tree with it and it was one of few demos he ever had that had the radio installed, so I could listen to KHJ AM rock-n-roll radio in L.A. CA!

But I can tell you this, if you have a regal with the deep padded radio surround and nice factory carpeted interior it probably is one of 5 or less left. I have NEVER seen another Regal one since 1961. It was a very poor seller in So. Calif. for some reason, my guess is the rear 1/4 panel styling! [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by lvanw

I JUST GOT ONE NO PICS YET
                  JOHN
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey John
                    My very first Stude that started this sickness was a rusty 62 V/8 wagon with a 259 auto & TT. I was 16 at the time, it left me with a lot of unforgetable memories in high school. I parted it out into a 61 Lark 2dr sedan that had no motor or trans at age 17. I raced and drove the 61 for years after that, but this is about 62 wagons. The last time I saw the car after parting it out to just a shell. It wasn't much bigger than a couple of hay bails. So that is one down.I have another rusty one in my side yard that I'm going to part out. It is a 6 cyl with a 3sp. Those are the two I can say aren't on the road anymore. Let me know if you need something off this wagon.

Gordon

Comment

Hey John
                      My very first Stude that started this sickness was a rusty 62 V/8 wagon with a 259 auto & TT. I was 16 at the time, it left me with a lot of unforgetable memories in high school. I parted it out into a 61 Lark 2dr sedan that had no motor or trans at age 17. I raced and drove the 61 for years after that, but this is about 62 wagons. The last time I saw the car after parting it out to just a shell. It wasn't much bigger than a couple of hay bails. So that is one down.I have another rusty one in my side yard that I'm going to part out. It is a 6 cyl with a 3sp. Those are the two I can say aren't on the road anymore. Let me know if you need something off this wagon.

Gordon

Comment

There's two of these wagons (both V8s) sitting way back in Gustafson's lot in Redding CA.

Home of the incredible Mr. Ed!
                        Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

There's two of these wagons (both V8s) sitting way back in Gustafson's lot in Redding CA.

Home of the incredible Mr. Ed!
                          Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hey studecluncker

Gustafsons has two wagons in the back? Is that the auto wreckers there in Redding?

Gordon

Comment

Hey studecluncker

Gustafsons has two wagons in the back? Is that the auto wreckers there in Redding?

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X