This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker's B-day!

Does anyone know that today (March 12) is Clement Studebaker's birthday? I forget how old he is now. [:0] Oh yeah, almost forgot, it's MY 16th birthday as well! YAY!!!

Matthew Burnette, the 15 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter
    [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
    63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)
    MANY more Studes and a few parts cars

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!

Hey, I know you can be a licensed driver in Georgia at 16, so go easy on those older drivers out there, will ya?

Are you going to take your driving test in a Studebaker? The state trooper who rides with you on the test will probably go easy on you, just because you have such a cool old car.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Happy Birthday Matt!!![:0][^] Have an extra slice of cake for me.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks guys. I would take my test in MY Studebaker, or any of ours, but none have seat belts, and according to our police cheif, a car must have them to take the test, even if it didn't come with them. [}] I guess I could add some lap belts. But I'll think about it, I think the GT Hawk might have seat belts in it... And yes, I'll go easy on the older guys out there. [8D] And Mr. Biggs, don't make me sick with all that cake![xx(]

63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)

Comment

You MUST put seat belts in your Stude(s)...
          I would never even move a car without belting in...
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Thanks guys. I would take my test in MY Studebaker, or any of ours, but none have seat belts, and according to our police cheif, a car must have them to take the test, even if it didn't come with them. [}] I guess I could add some lap belts. But I'll think about it, I think the GT Hawk might have seat belts in it... And yes, I'll go easy on the older guys out there. [8D] And Mr. Biggs, don't make me sick with all that cake![xx(]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Now to find my SI catalog...

Comment

Happy Birthday Matt forget about the cake load up on the ice cream

Comment

Ice cream is great, but I unfortunalely have sensitive teeth. [V]

Comment

Happy 16th Matt. More years ago than I care to remember I was where you are now. I took my first driver's test (there were two) driving my new-to-me 1968 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. I failed (predictably) the parallel parking test. Of course trying to parallel park a 1968 Ford wagon was like trying to park the Queen Mary so the next time I took my Mom's 1969 Mustang and passed with flying colors.

The post above that suggested you take your test in a Studebaker was great advice, as was the post concerning seat belts. Happy Birthday!

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

My car will get seat belts. But it won't be "done" by the time I take my test. I'll probably use my Mom's new F*rd. Mainly because none of our Studes have seat belts. [:0] It's never been a major issue in my family. But my Lark will have them anyways.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude1961

Happy 16th Matt. More years ago than I care to remember I was where you are now. I took my first driver's test (there were two) driving my new-to-me 1968 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. I failed (predictably) the parallel parking test. Of course trying to parallel park a 1968 Ford wagon was like trying to park the Queen Mary so the next time I took my Mom's 1969 Mustang and passed with flying colors.

The post above that suggested you take your test in a Studebaker was great advice, as was the post concerning seat belts. Happy Birthday!

Studedude1961
                      --1963 Cruiser
                      Happy 16th Birthday Matt!

I did my driving learning and early licensed driving in a 1948 Chevrolet Fleetline AeroSedan. That was with vacuum assisted standard shift, no power equipment and terrible visability. I passed my test on the first try.

Studedude1961 talks about parallel parking a station wagon. In years of driving stretch limousines, I was able to parallel park one on either side of the street. Many of the chauffeurs couldn't do that or back the limousines into their stalls in the back of the company garage. Anybody can make a limousine follow them down the road. I always thought that people that couldn't do things like back up or park them shouldn't be driving stretch limousines.

I also agree with the previous comments about installing and using seat belts.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I've been learning how to drive in Studes! The first time I drove one, I was 14 [:0] and me and my grandad were going to his farm (WAY out of town) in the 59 Scotty. He just pulled over once we got out of town and said "take it home". So, I did. Didn't even choke it down when I started off. Now, drive Studes all the time! (Mostly 3 speeds).

Comment

Happy Birthday Matt. It's good to see another March birthday (mine's on Wednesday but I don't count mine anymore...[)]). Have a nice healthy bran muffin (OK, who am I kidding, pig out on the good stuff! Cake, brownies, a nice steak dinner at the Outback,...).

And just remember to leave plenty of room in front of you whenever you drive one of them Stude's .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Sounds great! A big steak does sound good right now...

Comment

Matthew Burnette, the "16 YEAR OLD STUDE NUT". Whoa! What's this world coming to?
                              The Amish say "We grow too soon old and too late smart."
                              Matt got the Stude bug eight years before I did thirty years ago.
                              There is hope for the future.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!!

What youngster out there is waiting to take your title? As Matthew becomes the elder statesman, the challenge is issued.

Studebaker thrives because of folks like Matthew Burnette, whose elders, through no fault of their own, showed him what's possible.

Thank you, Clement Studebaker and Matthew Burnette.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X