PDA

View Full Version : Resident Rodents

bonehead007
03-11-2006, 06:22 PM
My thanks to the individual who suggested to put Bounce in the car to keep out unwanted guests. I found mouse droppings last month on my Hawk hood & expected the worse. Got the bounce & threw it everywhere, Hood, Trunk, Under seats, Under car. Took the Hawk out 2day & found a nest under the Turbo unit but, it look like they had left long ago. I found no damage, wires, etc., but I feel the Bounce helped to kick their little butts outta there. Thanks again for the advice. It saved me a potential nightmare....

LarkMark
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Irish Spring soap has been suggested for keeping mice out also. I just checked my car that's been stored for a few months. The mice have been EATING the Irish Spring soap !!!...........so, I don't think it works. I guess I'll try some Bounce.

MARC
Punxsutawney, PA

Laemmle
03-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Install an ultasonic system..drives rodents, roaches, etc OUT...I have used one for almost ten years now and never discover any surprizes when I take the car out in the spring.:D

LarkMark
03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Does the ultrasonic system run on batteries or house current?

MARC
Punxsutawney, PA

rrausch
03-12-2006, 01:24 PM
I have used the Ultrasonic system--mine ran on house current. It did seem to keep mice and squirrels away. I have also used moth balls to keep them out, but the smell is pretty bad. My latest mouse-proofer is Peppermint Oil--I have heard that mice are alergic to Peppermint Oil. I intend to try this the next time I go back to my barn, as well as the Bounce.

1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.

jjones
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
These Arizona pack rats eat the Irish Spring soap, play golf with moth balls, line their nests with bounce and other dryer sheets, and I suspect they have been using the peppermint as an aphrodesiac. The only thing I have found to keep them out is constant vigilance. I check my stored vehicles at least once a week and set traps if I see any signs of critters. I have wondered about the ultra sound and will now give it a try.
Thanks
jj

sbca96
03-12-2006, 05:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by jjones

These Arizona pack rats eat the Irish Spring soap, play golf with moth balls, line their nests with bounce and other dryer sheets, and I suspect they have been using the peppermint as an aphrodesiac.

What about napalm?? Do they have special little suits too??

This reminds me of a story :

My brother and I found a 64 Challenger 4 door that was being "given"
away to whoever could haul it away. The car had been sitting on the
side of a hill, roughly 35 degrees - facing down. He dragged it back
up the hill, and the two of us, got it to fire up and die. It would
not stay running. After we detirmined that it wasnt the fuel pump, it
was getting fuel from it, but it would only stay running (and poorly)
for a short amount of time. It was getting late, and we had to drive
this thing 20-25 miles, so I got frustrated and decided to just rev
the little straight 6. Finally I got it to stay running after getting
the RPM's up quick and feathering it. My brother yells to me, "you
HAVE to see this!!". I run back there and bits of fur and bones are
coming out of the tailpipe! While I was standing there, the creme de
la creme comes out - a mouse skull.

Tom

Laemmle
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Contact B.C. Inc. Browns Valley MN 56219
(800) 950-8860

This is when I purchased my ultra-sound rig.:D

Laemmle
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
800 number ng....dial 320-695-2691;)

DEEPNHOCK
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I remember starting my Hawk once NW of Chicago in the spring (May, when the ice went out:()....
I recall seeing a mouse that had nested under the intake manifold (high and dry)...
That mouse couldn't figure out which way to run.
I recall watching in amusement like a kid with a magnifying glass frying ants [}:)]
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bonehead007

My thanks to the individual who suggested to put Bounce in the car to keep out unwanted guests. I found mouse droppings last month on my Hawk hood & expected the worse. Got the bounce & threw it everywhere, Hood, Trunk, Under seats, Under car. Took the Hawk out 2day & found a nest under the Turbo unit but, it look like they had left long ago. I found no damage, wires, etc., but I feel the Bounce helped to kick their little butts outta there. Thanks again for the advice. It saved me a potential nightmare....

hank63
03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Don't you have cats anymore?
/H