This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Great Intersection

I have my choice of jobs at this point, and one is a body shop in Kissimmee, FL. I went driving around some of the area last night and found myself just outside St. Cloud in a little town called Deer Run.

As I'm driving along the main highway I see 'STUDEBAKER AVE'. Many of the streets in this area were named after companies no longer in business such as RAMBLER, EDSEL, and CORD. So I stop and turned around and went back to STUDEBAKER AVE. Many of the cross street were named after birds. There was ROBIN AVE, JAY AVE, and...LARK AVE!

Now how great would it be to have a flock of Studebakers and to live at the corner of STUDEBAKER AVE and LARK AVE??? The area is low income to lower middle class. There are some new, larger homes going up in the area so who knows? The roads are dirt and gravel and the lots are a little bigger than average (1/2 acre?).

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures of the sign, but if I'm back in that area I'll get a shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

A biker buddy of mine(whos also into Studebakers,go figure" bought a beautiful piece of property right on Maces Bay(part of the Bay of Fundy) in New Brunswick.
    He built a nice house on the top of the large hill overlooking the bay.
    As he had to build his own road out to the main highway,he could name it whatever he wanted.
    He sold off several building lots along the lower end and now several folks live on "Harley-Davidson Drive"

Comment

Working...
    X