X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Sedan at York

Hi
    Didn't make it to York, but I see a '57 Sedan, primer and white in the background of one of the shots on the Webshots pages (thanks for the pics!)
    Anybody look over the car? What model was it? Pictures of the car? Price? Who was offering it?
    Thanks!
    Steve

If it's the one on the trailer, it had a sign that said, "We don't want to take anything home- $600"

Wasn't that bad off[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

It was a 1957 Scotsman 4-door. [)] It ran -barely- but did run. Needed everything. Sorry I forgot to record pertinent information; it wasn't readily posted as I recall. BP

Didn't make it to York, but I see a '57 Sedan, primer and white in the background of one of the shots on the Webshots pages (thanks for the pics!)
      Anybody look over the car? What model was it? Pictures of the car? Price? Who was offering it?
      Thanks!
      Steve
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi
        Thanks for the responses, after looking at the Potomac region webpages with pictures of that car, I would have passed on it even if I had been there. I'd like to find a driveable '56-58 Commander or President with presentable appearance. Though I am sure that base level sedans appeal to someone, I can't get past the utility company fleet car image I hold of them.
        Thanks Again!
        Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Though I am sure that base level sedans appeal to someone, I can't get past the utility company fleet car image I hold of them.
          Having been in the insurance business for 20 years, that company (fleet) car thing kind of appeals to me. I've looked at vintage cars on a regular basis and always thought in would be cool showing up in a 40 year old 'company car' similar to Dick's white '62 Lark 4-dr. I'm just twisted I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Yes, Swifster, sounds like something you could work with. The car, and (a thrift store) dark suit with narrow lapels, white shirt, brogans, and skinny tie with a company tie clip showing years of service.. It would be a real period piece, and a big hit at the meets. I know that at brand "C" car meets, 55-56-57 model 150 series cars that are restored always garner attention, even when surrounded by trailered red and white covertibles.

Comment

Working...
            X