PDA

View Full Version : Carter WE metering rod spring

crazyred
03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I am rebuilding my carb for my 50 champion. in reassembling the carb i got to the point to attach the metering rod spring back in place. I can not for the life of me figure out how that spring attaches to the rod. I knew when i took it off that i was going to have trouble putting it back on and like the dummy i am i didnt take a picture of it assembled. Does anyone have any helpful advice or pictures that will help me get this back on properly?

CHAMP
03-06-2006, 08:31 AM
I DID THE SAME THING ON MY 48 CHAMPION. I TOOK A MAGNIFING GLASS AND LOOKED AT PICTURES IN SERIVE MANUAL AND FINALY FOUND OUT HOW SPRING GOES. IF I KNEW HOW TO SEND PICTURES I WOULD. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SERVICE MANUAL YOU CAN GET ONE AT mystudebaker.com FOR ABOUT 26 DOLLARS OR ANY OF THE OTHER STUDE. VENDORS, IT HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP TO ME![8D]CHAMP

CHAMP
03-06-2006, 08:38 AM
CRAZYRED, SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!! MAYBE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW WILL POST A PICTURE OF THAT SPRING FOR YOU. CHAMP:)

crazyred
03-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the welcome and post Champ.

I figured it out finally and its working fine. I took pics this time for future reference.