PDA

View Full Version : CORRECT PAINT COLORS 61 HAWK ..PLEASE HELP

chevpartsman
03-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Where do you find a color code for silver on side grille panels and also for orange on valve covers on 1961 hawk? Does anyone have a good detail picture of engine and engine compartment ?

1961 HAWK..BLACK.. 4bc,4-speed,TT[?]

52hawk
03-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I also own a 61. I've never seen a color code for the silver. Every thing I've read simply says 'silver gray'.. Someone said a chevy wheel & trim silver was close. For the color band on the fins,Ford wimbledon white. Originally,the complete lower air dam[under the front bumper]is all silver also. Valve covers,I can tell you what not to use! I put chevy orange on mine,and they are too light,too bright.I think ford red would be closer.
There is a Stude vendor that sells engine colors,maybe someone else on here can tell us who that is[sasco maybe?]
BTW- you need to get back issues of TW-Oct 1992,'a hawk primer' and June 1989'1961 Hawk' featured. Lots of valuable info in both those issues,for Hawk lovers.

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark

chevpartsman
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM
THANKS 52HAWK !........I THINK I WILL USE THE GM ARGENT SILVER ON THE SIDE GRILLES AND I AM GOING TO TAKE OFF A VALVE COVER (THEY STILL HAVE GOOD PAINT..JUST SCRATCHED UP)TO A AUTOMOTIVE PAINT STORE AND HAVE THE COLOR MATCHED. IF THEY COME UP WITH A STOCK COLOR I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.

1961 HAWK..BLACK.. 4bc,4-speed,TT

52hawk
03-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Thank You,let me know,'cause my covers WILL come back off-have to re-torque head bolts anyway..

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark