This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet,seat covers etc?

Where can I find an oem style carpet kit,headliner, and seat covers for my 64 Daytona?Blue in color.

Also can the dash be reconditioned?It has alot of cracks in it now.

Thanks,John

Have you checked with SASCO, SI or any of the vendors who advertize monthly in Turning Wheels?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I feel your pain. My 63 Daytona needs the same thing. 64 dash covers pop up on ebay from time to time. Seat covers and carpeting can be baught from Historic, A.K.A. John Poulas. (JDP on this forum) He may sell headliners too. Yes the dash can be fixed if you don't get a cover, but I' forget the stuff you use. I think there is something out by 3M that works pretty good.

Matthew Burnette, the 15 year old Stude nut.
      [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
      63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)
      MANY more Studes and a few parts cars

Comment

I have an original factory headliner for a Cruiser, still in the shipping tube, but I doubt it would fit a Daytona.
        Brad Johnson,
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I feel your pain. My 63 Daytona needs the same thing. 64 dash covers pop up on ebay from time to time. Seat covers and carpeting can be baught from Historic, A.K.A. John Poulas. (JDP on this forum) He may sell headliners too. Yes the dash can be fixed if you don't get a cover, but I' forget the stuff you use. I think there is something out by 3M that works pretty good.
          I'll do a search for JDP here.

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Have you checked with SASCO, SI or any of the vendors who advertize monthly in Turning Wheels?
          Im not familiar with those companys,but I will do a search on the net for them now.I'm not a subscriber to Turning Wheels,not even sure if its a magazine your talking about?

Comment

I could measure. That is, if a 63 Cruiser is the same as a 64. And I'm sure a 65 Daytona 2 door is the same as a 64 HT. What body style is your Daytona?

Matthew Burnette, the 15 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter
            [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
            63 Daytona HT (my car),57 Silver Hawk, 51 Champ Starlight, 63 GT Hawk,64 Commander Wagonaire,59 Scotsman P/U,56 Champ 2 door,81 Avanti II,56 Sky Hawk,65 Daytona 2 door,62 Cruiser,55 P/U(V-8)
            MANY more Studes and a few parts cars

Comment

Well, John,

If you own a 64 Daytona and are not a member of SDC then you must have purchased it recently. 26,000 members receive the monthly club magazine. It will put you in touch with hundreds of people who can help. It's the largest single marque car club in the world and for only $27.50 a year you should go to the homepage of this website and git yerself signed up.

We'll help you all we can here but there's only a small fraction of the club membership that visits here often.

The links to vendors from the homepage will put you in touch with SASCO, Studebaker International, Stephen Allen and dozens of others but there's no substitute for the wealth of information you'll find each month in Turning Wheels.

That said...WELCOME!
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The car has been in the family for 20yrs that I can remember,and I got it from my Dad about 5 years ago.I drove this car when I was 16 and now its time to freshen it up.It does have a Studebaker's club sticker in the window and I have a box of older(club?)magazines but they are stashed away and hard to get to right now.So thats when I started doing net searches to find the carpet kits and other small items I need.Its a blue 64 Daytona HT.

And thank you for the welcome into the forums.

John

Comment

Jrocket, you can access JDP's Historic Automotive at http://stude.com, you can also go to http://studebakervendors.com to access a list of the Studebaker Drivers Club Vendors. I second rockne's post, especially since you are restoring or refurbishing your stude, if you join SDC, you will benefit far more than the $27.50 annual fees.

Good Luck

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

This is the link for Phantom upholstery, specializes in Stude upholstery and the best quality. Really nice Hawk stuff, not sure if he carries Lark upholstery. Very nice people to deal with and a good person to talk with about different upholstery material as he has the mills to custom make his stuff.

53commander HDTP
                    53 Champion HDTP
                    61 Cursed Purple Hawk
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    64 GT
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I have an original factory headliner for a Cruiser, still in the shipping tube, but I doubt it would fit a Daytona.
                      What year Cruiser? I need a 61.

Rich Pease
                      Ogden, UT
                      59 Lark 2dr
                      61 Lark 4dr

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                        X