This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New parts stash coming

A friend of Dave T-Bow's bought Dan Webbers parts stash and will bring a few goodies to York. Dan, Paul Johnson and me cleaned out a lot of east coast dealers in the 60-70's, but Dan never sold anything. Dan's stash is several tractor trailer loads of parts, not unboxed in 40 years. The good news is I think the guy that bought them does not use the Internet so he'll make York interesting for a few years. Bring lots of extra money in case he shows up with some rare loot. The vendor is a "Bob" from Mass., that's all I know.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

Dave has a close friend by the name of Robert "Bob" Munter who re-stores Studes and Avantis at a shop known as W.C.D. Garage in Northboro, Mass. He is usually at York with Paul Derosier the fellow who owns WCD.[^]

Comment

US News and World Report stated that it had a reporter at the York meet this past weekend....there it was confirmed that a new vendor named "Northeast Studebaker" is in fact owned by mechanic Robert J. Munter (Bob) who with Paul Derosier of WCD Garage restore all Studebaker, Packard, and Avanti vehicles.

Mr. Munter did in fact purchase the entire stock of parts that the aforementioned JDP mentioned...it has been reported elsewhere that the cost of this "mother-load" is 500,000.00 (Studebaker retail).

Well placed sources state that the entire stock of parts was purchased for $50,000.00 cash.

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob Munter at York.Very pleasant guy who really knew his Stude stuff. His contact info is as follows: R. J. Munter
        60 Peach Hill Rd.
        Berlin, MA 01503
        978 415 0031
        studebob@charter.net
        Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Working...
        X