X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1934 Dictator horn button

Help!
    I am helping a friend dismantle a 34 Dictator for painting and we have a question. How do you get the horn button off? It has a black plastic
    button surrounded by a larger black plastic "filler" piece that extends
    out to where you would expect the steering wheel center dish to stop.
    Thanks for your help. The button is in excellent condition, and we need
    your help to insure that we do not ruin it.
    David
    [?]

Oldpatt
    1953 Commander Hardtop

PAtt, according to the parts book, that car should have a walnut-grained horn button - not black. That said, looking at the parts book illustration of the steering wheel and innards of a '34 Dictator, it APPEARS that that outer ring fits snugly into the opening in the wheel as a means of retaining the button. I would try carefully sliding a knife blade in between the outer edge of that ring and the wheel and see if it doesn't start to come out.
    Looking at the book, it's a very simple setup with NO screws, nuts or any hardware like that to retain it. All this, of course, assumes the car really HAS the proper wheel and button (remember, I said the book calls for a walnut-grained button). I happen to have an NOS one of those buttons in my horn button display.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I really do appreciate your response.
      David

Oldpatt
      1953 Commander Hardtop

Comment

Working...
      X