This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fits What ?

So I finalized the deal on a 55 president 2dr and now the fun begins. I been on the internet and see a wide selection of parts and accesories so what fits what! How many years, models and manufactures interchange? I know I should contact my local SDC but that is another topic. Any information would be appreciated.
    PS: the master cylinder is bad.

Well, it looks like you lucked out! The mechanical parts for years from 1951 to 1964 will pretty much interchange, some amount to minor upgrades for your model. If you want to stay with 6V electricals, you can interchange from 1951 to 1955, if you want to change to 12V, most of the electrical stuff from 1956 on will work. For engine and transmission, you should have the top-of-the-line for 1955 259 (Bearcat) V8, an excellent engine. If it has the four barrel WCFB carburetor as factory stock, it will have the very desireable early four barrel intake manifold, much better that the older, flat manifold. I'm not sure, but I think if you have the automatic transmission, it would be the DG-250 - stock with first gear start. I suggest you try to find the Dick Datson interchange book (usually for sale on ebay) for common interchange parts. He is a difficult person to deal with, but he is very knowledgable about Studes. Stick with the SDC, and you can't go wrong. Your brake master cylinder interchanges with Jeep CJ2.

Comment

One thing that you can do is, when you access this website's home page, scroll down to "valuable links".
      Click on that and look for Studebaker Vendors. You will then see a list of good vendors for various Stude stuff. I've used SASCO and Studebaker International, but there are other reputable vendors there also. I'm thinking of Meyers and Stephen Allen.
      I hope that this helps.
      Good luck.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I forgot to mention that you should purchase the various books for your year of Stude. Sometimes the vendors will package the 3 most important books, i.e. Service, Parts and Chassis.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
        X