This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Rebuild

I have a '54 Champion I am restoring as time and money permits and am documenting the process on a web site, https://www.oldcarandtruckpictures.c...ebakerRebuild/ . The next item to document is the engine. It has already been restored, runs error free and has over 2000 miles on it so far. I took only a few pictures during the rebuild process so I thought I would restore the 185 I got out of my '55 parts car. This would give me the pictures I need because both engines appear almost the same and I would be able to continue with the restoration process on the web. The out of pocket expense for the 170 that was in the '54 was just short of $880. To rebuild the 185 should be about the same.

My question is... Is there a market for a 185 that is in near new condition for my investment, say $900. The engine would be complete and running with starter, carb, generator and anything else that it would need to be installed in a car as a replacement. I've seen Studebaker flat-head engines that were for sale but none were running and the prices were very low.

Buddy...'54 Champion 2dr

I think these guys were looking for another 185 to work with on the Salt assualt. I could be wrong, but you could ask them.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X