X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti R1

Hi All,

Waterman here.I have joined this elite and I do mean elite group of guys.I always have questions.I bought my R1 sight unseen, Dumb I guess but never the less shes mine now.Is there a reputable parts dealer out there.i have talked to plenty dont know who to trust All replies welcome.

See ya

WM

There are plenty, just depends on what parts you need. The Studebaker Driver Club magazine has lots of vendor ad's and Google Studebaker parts and Avanti Parts on the net.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 GT Hawk
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.
    53 Street rod
    JDP Maryland

Comment

It also depends on how you define REPUTABLE! There are a few I'd stay away from but obviously I'm not going to mention names--and that's unfortunate as Waterman really can't get any help; he'll have to learn the way I did, hard. But hopefully Waterman's luck will run better than mine.

wagone and Avanti I

Comment

Or he could rephrase the question.

"If I need part __________ , who would you recommend?"

Waterman, first thing is to get the manuals for your car. You'll want the service manual and the parts manual. They can be had in book form or on CD-Rom (I like CD-Rom because I can print what I need and not worry about greasy finger prints). The CD-Rom is about $20.00.

I've had two experiences so far in getting parts, both good. I bought parts for my Daytona thru SASCO and was very satisfied. As an adjuster, I worked with Nastagic Motorcars in Michigan in repairing an Avanti II that was damaged in a collision and need 3/4 of the frontend fiberglass, again, very satisfied.

These are by no means the only excellent vendors that supply parts for our cars. As mentioned, a good selection of vendors can be found in the back pages of Turning Wheels.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks guys,I have already purchased the repair manual,partsmanual and every type of literature I can get my hands on.Sounds like im in for the loooooong haul on this one.It justs dumbfounds me to see a car like these bailed wire and gumed instead of taking the time to do it right.I guess I will learn why on my own.

Thanks
          for all your input

1963 StudebakerR-1
          Austin Texas

WM.

Comment

Working...
          X