This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark Wagon

Hey guys! Some questions on the little 59 2 door Lark Wagon on e-bay now. It's got a starting bid of $6,500.00 and a buy it now price of $14,500, sound a little high to me. This is at least the third time on e-bay. I was the high bidder the first two times, but at about half the buy it now price. It was originally a six or so the add says, but now has a V8 with overdrive. Did the six cylinder wagons also have lighter frames, and is that something to stay away from.

Thanks, OkieBob

I LOVE MY STUDEBAKER

quote:Originally posted by okiebob

Hey guys! Some questions on the little 59 2 door Lark Wagon on e-bay now. It's got a starting bid of $6,500.00 and a buy it now price of $14,500, sound a little high to me. This is at least the third time on e-bay. I was the high bidder the first two times, but at about half the buy it now price. It was originally a six or so the add says, but now has a V8 with overdrive. Did the six cylinder wagons also have lighter frames, and is that something to stay away from.
    Bob-

Can't speak as to the later frames, but I do know that in the earlier years, the 6 cyl. frames were lighter. I think your instincts are correct. The fact that the car has been listed this time since the 16th, and has had no bids is a good indication that it is overpriced. It looks like a really nice car, but folks are not standing in line to bid on it, based on the opening bid and the BIN.

Just my observation... I recommend that you follow your instinct!

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Just my observation... I recommend that you follow your instinct
      (Not to mention this is it's third time around.)

Dave's Place
      Studebaker Emporium
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Yes, the frames were lighter.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Biggs, and Dave. Dave we'll have to get together for lunch someday. Pam and I love Eskimo Joe's and Hideway Pizza.

OkieBob

I LOVE MY STUDEBAKER

Comment

quoteave we'll have to get together for lunch someday. Pam and I love Eskimo Joe's and Hideway Pizza.
            Sounds like a plan! Curt lives over in Seminole, maybe we should meet in Shawnee some time. I haven't met him yet, and would like to.

I passed through Dale the day I went to check out the burgandy 53/55 coupe. Didn't know I was going to be going that way, but I followed my passenger's instructions. Had I known, I would have given you a call and packed your trophy to you. I got your mailing address, but since I am re-retired, I keep thinking I'll have a chance to get out more. Hasn't happened yet !

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Bob,
              14,500 big ones is kinda steep for a Lark. I love Larks but wouldn't pay that kind of premium for one. Especially for a modified one. When you replace the six cylinder with a V-8, you have to make sure you make all the necessary changes, i.e. springs, shocks, brakes, etc. Actually, I would pay a higher price for a Lark convertible. That's the only exception for me.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
              X