This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker jacks

I just got 2 studebaker bumper jacks at an auction. [] both have studebaker in script on them, raised not stamped. Where can I find any info about them such as what year would thay be?

Raised script on a bumper jack sounds pre-war to me. You may want to check with some of those really old guys.[}] I've only been in the club for thirty years.

Anyway you could post a picture[?]
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

yeah, what he said. my '55 does not have script on the jack so it's definitely earlier than that. I remember working on a '41 that had the original jack, but I couldn't tell you whether it had the script or not. Maybe George Rohrbach would know? He seems to be a really good source of information on the really old cars.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I do not know how to post a picture. I have read how on here but so far no luck. I have a digital camera but don'tknow how to send the pic. other than e mail. not very good at the p.c.

Comment

Pre WWII for sure.
          They show up on Ebay all the time.
          Last few have sold in the $50 range, or a bit more.
          Most don't have any handle with them.
          Bead blasting and painting them is a no-no, as far as antique tool collectors go.
          You going to York?
          There are usually some there...
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by fh929

I just got 2 studebaker bumper jacks at an auction. [] both have studebaker in script on them, raised not stamped. Where can I find any info about them such as what year would thay be?
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X