PDA

View Full Version : studebaker jacks

fh929
02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I just got 2 studebaker bumper jacks at an auction. [:p] both have studebaker in script on them, raised not stamped. Where can I find any info about them such as what year would thay be?

rockne10
02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Raised script on a bumper jack sounds pre-war to me. You may want to check with some of those really old guys.[}:)] I've only been in the club for thirty years.:D

Anyway you could post a picture[?]

N8N
02-22-2006, 09:43 PM
yeah, what he said. my '55 does not have script on the jack so it's definitely earlier than that. I remember working on a '41 that had the original jack, but I couldn't tell you whether it had the script or not. Maybe George Rohrbach would know? He seems to be a really good source of information on the really old cars.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

fh929
02-23-2006, 11:48 AM
I do not know how to post a picture. I have read how on here but so far no luck. I have a digital camera but don'tknow how to send the pic. other than e mail. not very good at the p.c.

DEEPNHOCK
02-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Pre WWII for sure.
They show up on Ebay all the time.
Last few have sold in the $50 range, or a bit more.
Most don't have any handle with them.
Bead blasting and painting them is a no-no, as far as antique tool collectors go.
You going to York?
There are usually some there...
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by fh929

I just got 2 studebaker bumper jacks at an auction. [:p] both have studebaker in script on them, raised not stamped. Where can I find any info about them such as what year would thay be?