This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice GT

I used to not like the wide whites on a GT,but they sure look good on a black one!

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium

They make that black one look more stately, or presidential.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

It's a nice car, but there is one thing that bothers me. I am surprised that the two Studebaker gentlemen that are involved with this car consistently misspell Gran Turismo Hawk throughout the eBay listing, especially since one of them is a gentleman that just bragged about his spelling skills on this very forum.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

It's a nice car, but there is one thing that bothers me. I am surprised that the two Studebaker gentlemen that are involved with this car consistently misspell Gran Turismo Hawk throughout the eBay listing, especially since one of them is a gentleman that just bragged about his spelling skills on this very forum.
        You know, Gary, I just came from looking at that very auction, and I never even noticed the spelling mistake. Doggone nice car, and it sure looks like the mis-spelling won't keep the car from making it's reserve[)]

I guess the odd mis-spelling doesn't annoy me as much as the mis-use of the word "restored", as in the auction for that '37 Dictator put up by Captain Tie-wrap[}]

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what it brings. I have a black 1962 GT, with air conditioning, but in rather better shape than the one on eBay. Mine has new black and white Phantom seat covers (but the carpet and weather seals still need to be replaced), . Mine doesn't have the wide white walls. I want some for sure.

Pictures at www.different-by-design.blogspot.com
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'll bet the misspelling was deliberate, to create a subliminal message to would-be bidders. As in, "How many GRAND should I bid on this beauty?"

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

This is the same car that followed Mr. Biggs home a week ago. I think he said there was another one he got about the same time. Don't know where he finds all of these!

Comment

Working...
              X