PDA

View Full Version : where can I find parts - '61 Hawk?

Lyndee DeMeo
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
We are restoring a '61 Hawk and the truck lid is pretty rusted out , any leads on a replacement? Also need rubber door & window gaskets.
Thanks...

Roscomacaw
02-12-2006, 09:46 PM
This is as good as it gets![:p]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8038018635&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

BobPalma
02-13-2006, 07:57 AM
[:I] Gaskets/weatherstrip available from Studebaker International in Greenfield IN. BP

quote:Originally posted by Lyndee DeMeo

We are restoring a '61 Hawk and the truck lid is pretty rusted out , any leads on a replacement? Also need rubber door & window gaskets.
Thanks...

N8N
02-13-2006, 08:58 AM
just to help you in your search, all trunk lids 57-61 should be the same other than the position of holes for script/letters. Actually 62 or 63 would work if you filled the mounting holes for the overlay.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

imported_n/a
02-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Lyndee, you've come to the right place, looking for expertise on Studebakers. It sounds like you're just getting started on your project, and sure would suggest that you take your time, hang around this board, and see how nice a Studebaker can be. What is your car like, now? Got any photos you can share? If you ever need any guidance on how to get your car fixed "the right way", ask the Dick Steinkamp. He has all the answers, believe me. :)

gordr
02-14-2006, 02:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Packebaker

Lyndee, you've come to the right place, looking for expertise on Studebakers. It sounds like you're just getting started on your project, and sure would suggest that you take your time, hang around this board, and see how nice a Studebaker can be. What is your car like, now? Got any photos you can share? If you ever need any guidance on how to get your car fixed "the right way", ask the Dick Steinkamp. He has all the answers, believe me. :)

Trolling, are we, Pack?
I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, (as far as I know, at any rate) but I've certainly met Dick, and he is a gentleman of the finest kind. If Lyndee were to ask him about her Hawk, I feel pretty certain that he would tell her the easiest and best way to restore it is to keep it stock. He has said as much to other posters here quite recently.

You know, SDC is a big tent. It covers a wide range of interests. Turning Wheels magazine actually HAS a Custom and Modified Corner, ably hosted by Barlow Soper. And customized and modified cars have been the subject of feature articles and have appeared on the covers. That lovely President Coupe Express that belongs to SDC Vice-President Richard Dormois is technically a custom in SDC terminology. The difference between it and the recently-discussed Kustom Speedster is more a matter of degree than of kind.

Granted, there are plenty of ill-considered and ugly customs out there; and a few of 'em are on ebay right now:D But there are ill-considered and ugly cars in the dealer showrooms, too. Thing is, there is something for everybody out there in the world of cars at large, just as there is in our little world of Studebakers. So let's quit the sniping from the cheap seats, eh? As Confucious say, "mud thrown is ground lost."

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands