This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Studebaker history

I got an E-mail from my pal,our chapter editor,Graham Gagne,and hes putting up pictures of our members Studes and wanted a bit of history as to how we got into the breed.
    I awoke from a sound sleep at 3am this morning,probaly something to do with coming off night shift,and as quietly as possible snuck out of bed trying not to wake Diane(she has to work today) and started reminiscing about the Studebakers Ive owned.
    While I certainly don't compare with JP or Lee,I was suprised on how many I have owned.
    They include
    1929 Commander
    1947 Champion business coupe
    1966 Commander six four door(my brother wrecked it,and I haven't forgiven him)
    1954 Commander coupe
    1963 R-1,4-speed GT Hawk
    1952 2R Champion powered truck
    1962 Daytona Lark hardtop
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1956 Transtar V-8 short wheelbase pick-up(still own it)
    1963 Wagonaire V-8 three speed
    1960 Hamilton built Hawk
    And my now favorite pet,my 1960 Hawk
    And many parts cars.
    You might say I have an addiction to the breed,and thats one of my many addictions I refuse to give up.
    If I could have just one of them back that I sold,it would for sure be the 54 Commander Coupe.
    Geeze I loved that car,even though it was a complete rust bucket when I got it.
    I repaired all the holes with Classic Enterprise patch panels,and even used their body supports,because even they were rusted away.
    That thing just looked so good in her Safford cream body with a black top,everywhere I went people commented on what a beautiful car she was.
    I really hope that I can find another like her someday if I survive long enough,even though I love my 60 Hawk Id still beg,borrow or steal to get another Low-Boy.
    Well,mabey not steal,but you get the picture.
    That was the hands down most beautiful car I ever owned,and I think I must have been under the influence of something the day I listed her on E-Bay.
    Heres to the future,and may you all find the Stude of your dreams!!!
Working...
X