This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Had to Try the PhotoShow Thing

I did not find the PhotoShow process to be as easy as some did, but did manage to get a "show" up and running. (I'm a real computer dummy.)

Studegary gets first shot at this car. I have another web site up with more details, but nobody else sees it until Gary sees it. That site will answer questions others are bound to have about the car. If Gary passes on the car, those details will be made available to anybody else interested in the car.

Cars come and go, and they each have different life experiences, just as we do. We make plans, and those plans get changed, and, as the good Lord knows, we all experience, "bad weather," from time to time, and sometimes we just get lost in the process of life. This car has had its most recent parade rained on, but I think it has many, many more parades left in it! The pictured rust in the RR fender is the only rust I saw on the car... but, I make no promises that the new owner might not find more.

Please understand... I'm not trying to tease anybody... but, I had to try this PhotoShow thing, and had just prepared these pics for Internet presentation. If Gary doesn't act on the car, I will share more with you.

I will tell you that the last picture in the show was edited by me... covering up the door handles shown in the first few photos by the door handles cut and pasted from a picture of my car. I will also tell you that it is powered by a 3.8 V6 Chevy engine, and has AC. Gary, the ball is in your court!

Dave's Place
    Studebaker Emporium

Hey,nice car Dave! I really like the painted grille treatment,and that V-6 must be a heck of a lot lighter than a 259/289,which means you could really make this baby handel.
    About the photo program,I can't figure out how come all my pictures were in color when I checked it before posting it to the NG,but came out all black and white,with a few shades of weird brown thrown in.
    Must have clicked on a button I shouldn't have by mistake.
    I was also disapointed I couldn't have Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Pride and Joy" playing instead of some song from the program.
    But I think Ill keep messing with it,and mabey even upgrade to the paying version, because I just bought a new digital camera to replace my old one that got ruined(wet) on that motorcycle trip through New York last summer.
    Its a Canon Powershot 520,and so far I love it. Went down to the Annapolis valley last Sunday were the poultry farmers have been dumping their dead chickens in a big pile in the middel of a feild to attract eagles,and man do we ever have eagles!
    They say there are only about fifteen nesting pairs in the area but they migrate from all over. Quite a spectable to see about 200 bald eagles soaring,roosting in trees etc. Got some great pics.

Comment

I paid for the program, lots of neat extra's..There is a screed saver and even a desktop changer that changes your desktop background pic every few minutes.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 GT Hawk
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      53 Street rod
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Forgot,a lot of the guys on here don't read the "other" NG,heres mine.such as it is,Ill re-do it in color when I figure out what went wrong.
        How much is the next stup up version JP?
        Think I may try it.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Studedude

I did not find the PhotoShow process to be as easy as some did, but did manage to get a "show" up and running. (I'm a real computer dummy.)

Studegary gets first shot at this car. I have another web site up with more details, but nobody else sees it until Gary sees it. That site will answer questions others are bound to have about the car. If Gary passes on the car, those details will be made available to anybody else interested in the car.

Dave - Thank you for the time and effort that you have put into checking this car out and providing the information. As I told you off the forum, I am going to pass on this one. That was a hard decision to make. I think that the car is worth the money, but it is not quite close enough to what I am looking for and I am not looking for the work that it would take to make it into what I want.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I hate to tell you guys, but neither of your shows would load on my system, and I'm not having problems with other slide shows. If I'm doing something wrong, what's the secret????

Sure would like to see them.

Regards,
            Bob (stude53)

Comment

Wow, Dave, I LOVE the look of the baby moons on that car (which, from the outside, is pretty much identical to mine, except mine is black and still has shiny stuff up front.) Guess I gotta spend some more $$$...

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              62 Daytona hardtop
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Dave. Go to your photo show and edit it. You have it set to "old movie" change that to something else. I set mine on custom.
                Jeff Sheaffer
                Driving the past into the future

Comment

Dave. This car has the wheels I want for my Hawk. Can you provide any info on where they came from,or size,offset,etc.??? They look like they have too much offset,do they fit OK?? What size are the tires? Thanks!!!

Studieous Maximus
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Dave. This car has the wheels I want for my Hawk. Can you provide any info on where they came from,or size,offset,etc.??? They look like they have too much offset,do they fit OK?? What size are the tires? Thanks!!!Studieous Maximus
                    Sorry, I can't answer your questions, I didn't take those kinds of notes. I'm not sure if I am going to buy the car yet. I know that they are not too big, and fit just fine. The car has more tire clearance in the rear than mine. If I go look at it again, I'll get the info. for you.

Dave's Place
                    Studebaker Emporium
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Stude53,you must disable your pop-up blocker and mabey your firewall too in order to run the program.
                      Just don't forget to re-enable them once your done looking.
                      Thats been my experience anyway.

Comment

52Hawk,

I believe those wheels are aftermarket wheels, check Stockton or Wheel Vintiques. I can tell you this, I am running 15x7" MoPar cop car wheels on my '55 and they have about a 3/4" offset which is pretty close to the late Stude Avanti 15x5" wheels so they shouldn't mork up your steering geometry too much. I did put a 1/4" spacer on the front for tie rod clearance but in the rear they are perfect as is. a 15x6" with the same offset shouldn't need a spacer and would probably make the car less "darty" as you wouldn't be changing the scrub radius. Now if you have a '52 I can't guarantee that this combo will fit under your fenders as the only car I can 100% tell you they will fit would be a 53-64 C/K body. Right now I have 245/60s on the rear and 215/60s on the front. I also had 205/65s on the front previously on 6" wide rims (same offset) and they looked better, but I wanted to go to the 7" rims so all the rims would match. If I get new tires I will probably get a 215/65-ish tire so it doesn't have quite so much of a "rubber band tire" look.

Like I said in my previous post, after looking at those pics I will probably be investing in some baby moons and trim rings in the future (whenever I get $$$) as I think it is Stockton that makes them to fit the MoPar wheels; would look about the same as Dave's pics except there'd be a little bit of black wheel showing where the cooling slots are.

hope this helps

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        62 Daytona hardtop
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                        X