This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a correct rocker?

I'm trying to determine if the rockers installed on my car are correct or homemade. Here is a picture-drivers side front:

Are they supposed to be "hollow" from behind? If they are correct, I think the previous owner installed them too far farward in order to braze [xx(] them to the fenders. Can anyone tell me where the front of the rockers should end? Do they line up with the edge of the front door?
    Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Here's another pic- same side but at the rear with the rear fender removed (I love the fact the rear fenders bolt on!)

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

One more...

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Yeah, the front edge of the rocker whould be in line with the front edge of the door.
        The rear end should line up fairly well with the front of the wheel well cutout.

BTW, they are "hollow". Nothing more than a trim piece really

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sorry Todd for not getting back with you sooner, but I forgot the my camera last week and with moving... .

Anywho, what Bob said. Mine is hollow as well and it looks just like yours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Lakeland, FL

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

You got her down that far,do it right and order a pair of rockers from Classic Enterprises.[don't cut the old ones off till you get the new ones,so you know where to cut.]
              The new ones will require a little work,but no Bondo!!!

Studieous Maximus
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Does anyone know if NOS ones are available at SASCO? If not, I'll go with Classic.
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                X