This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Internet Forum Meeting

I was thinking, it would be nice to have some type of meeting at the Omaha International Meet. Put a face to these names we talk to like we have known each other for years (though maybe some have)!!

Just a thought...

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

I was thinking, it would be nice to have some type of meeting at the Omaha International Meet. Put a face to these names we talk to like we have known each other for years (though maybe some have)!!

Just a thought...

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker
    Good idea! I second the motion.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well I'll be in omaha with my 1960 champ pickup called "Fried Green Tomato " Look me up
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Not only is that a good idea, I think it would be a real shame if any of us who regularly meet "here" did not get the chance to meet "there".

September 24 - 29, 2006, huh? I would dearly love to say that my truck will be totally restored, roadworthy, and air conditioned by then. That gives me a goal to shoot for.

By the way, I feel I know you guys better than the folks in my local chapter. That stands to reason, since the chapter meets less often than I log in to the forum.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

I'm not sure I'm gonna do Omaha. I'm gonna save my pennies for South Bend. I wanna drive a Stude there one more time. Not saying I've ruled OMAHA out - just being cautious as to how I flex the plastic.[}]

I AM thinking about another September trip to visit mom and do the PSMCD event again. I've been told I could take the Tomato down the lane one time if I wanted.[:0] Talk about your Walter Mitty experience![]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Not only is that a good idea, I think it would be a real shame if any of us who regularly meet "here" did not get the chance to meet "there".
            You will not regret it! I have made more friends through my Stude connections than you can imagine! Many I have "met" through the Internet first (this, and other forums,) but REALLY got to know them through face to face meetings at a meet!
            quote:September 24 - 29, 2006, huh? I would dearly love to say that my truck will be totally restored, roadworthy, and air conditioned by then. That gives me a goal to shoot for.
            Get 'R done!
            quote:By the way, I feel I know you guys better than the folks in my local chapter. That stands to reason, since the chapter meets less often than I log in to the forum.
            See above. There are some great folks in the club, and there is NOTHING like facing them, eyeball to eyeball! Hope to see you at Omaha!!!

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

I wonder if there is going to be any drags at the Omaha meet Is there a drag strip locally ? I for one had to make up my mind about the Michigan drags this year since it will be about a week before the Omaha meet, can't go to everything so i guess the drags are out this year
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

I wonder if there is going to be any drags at the Omaha meet Is there a drag strip locally ?
                Mid America Moterplex

looks like the closest

Obviously SDC or the local sponsering chapter can't be involved (insurance problems), but there have been drags not associated with the meet [^] at other SDC Nationals. I tried to get something going at Spokane last year (we could have had the track to ourselves Wednesday night for a small fee OR piggybacked with the scheduled Friday night grudge races for an even smaller fee), but I couldn't get any interest going on the Forums and Newsgroups. I would gladly attend such an event at Omaha and will help with logistics if needed. We need a Stude drag racing enthusiast in the Omaha area to do a little research. Anybody out there [?]

-Dick-
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

are any of you coming to the NH meet

brent wood nh

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bills 57 champion

are any of you coming to the NH meet

brent wood nh
                    I am assuming that you are referring to the SDC Northeast Zone Meet when you say, "the NH meet." If so, I attend nearly all of the NE Zone Meets and plan on being there (July 21-23).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Lets not forget the Atlantic Zone Meet, same bat time, same bat channel.

Comment

I have been talking to the local drag strip manager and they do have open drag racing on Friday evenings, as our chapter cannot officially be involved with it if someone would step up to the plate to lay the ground work I would be willing to put them in touch with the right people. I do have the contact person info.I have allready discussed the possibility of doing it on Friday afternoon with the manager and they said something could be worked out.Track name of course is Mid-America Motorplex.It is an eight mile.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                        X