Local FLAPS revenge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local FLAPS revenge...

This AM, I called over to my NAPA store and asked if they had a decent six volt battery on hand. We agreed on what, why, etc, so I went over.
    When I arrived, the fellow I talked to, had gone to lunch and there was one other customer, my age, paying for his stuff...
    One of the counter-bots looked up and asked what I needed. I said, kind of loudly, .... "I just talked to Jerry and he said you have a six volt ,positive ground battery for me"....
    The entire counter crew stopped, looked up and their faces went blank...... and they stayed like that for a while. They all started looking at each other somewhat wide-eyed...
    The other customer looked at me and tried to stifle a laugh. The oldest counter guy finally realized what was going on...

Bob Johnstone
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

The battery doesn't care which way you ground it when you install it. The important thing is to get a battery with a high enough amp-hour rating, not the small 45 AH battery like they sell for old VW's.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The battery doesn't care which way you ground it when you install it. The important thing is to get a battery with a high enough amp-hour rating, not the small 45 AH battery like they sell for old VW's.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I like that I bet they are still confused at the counter. Now go in and tell them you were wrong and needed a negative grounded battery and see what they say. They might be able to order you one. Make sure you don't get a group battery but a single one.

Comment

I like that I bet they are still confused at the counter. Now go in and tell them you were wrong and needed a negative grounded battery and see what they say. They might be able to order you one. Make sure you don't get a group battery but a single one.

Comment

Working...
          X