PDA

View Full Version : Use your Studebaker in film and photo shoots

creativefilmcars
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Hello,

We’re from Creative Film Cars in Manhattan. We are the Northeast’s premier provider of vehicles for film, television, fashion shoots, magazines and events.

Ever wonder whose cars those models are draping themselves over in Vogue Magazine, or are sitting in the background of the latest Scorsese flick? They are privately owned cars just like yours. From show winning trailer queens, to the wreck that has been parked in front of your apartment for weeks these productions use them, and they pay.

We would like to invite the members of the Studebaker Drivers Club in the New York City metro area to submit their Studebakers to our free film car database.

Basically, we act as an agent for your vehicle. You supply us with a few photos and we put them in front of our hundreds of clients, and on our online database. When a client selects your ride, we contact you immediately, see if you’re interested, and send you a contract. In most cases no driving will be required. They just have to look the part.

As a fully licensed and insured company, your car is safe and covered with a one million dollar policy. At the shoot, you are welcome to stay with your vehicle to ensure that is treated in the manner, and with the respect it deserves. A CFC representative will attend every shoot to guarantee that everything goes smoothly. Location, length of shoot, and use of vehicle are among the factors that determine payment. The moment the shoot is completed you get a check in your hand. Now wasn't that easy?

Additional benefits are increasing the vehicles provenance, value, possible tax write-offs, and seeing your vehicles in print or on film.

Go to http://www.creativefilmcars.com/submit.htm and submit your vehicle. It's really pretty simple. It costs nothing to be listed with our company and your information is protected and will never be shared with anyone. Ever.

For more info give us a call at 212-864-4060 and we will be happy to answer any of your questions, or go to http://www.creativefilmcars.com.

Cheers,
Donald and John
Creative Film Cars

rrausch
02-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Been there. Done that. Got the scars on my truck to prove it.

I rented my completely restored '54 (Chebby) 3/4 ton truck out for a 1 day photo shoot several years ago. This was for a Nationwide AT&T phone commercial. My truck was the "car star" of the shoot and the only vehicle in the shoot. It was in almost every shot. In spite of being assured that everything would be taken care of, a number of things suddenly were not taken care of after the shoot. Damage to the front suspension from driving the truck into a hole that no one seemed to see. A few light scratches on the right side where the Producer and Director, and their wives sat/leaned for personal photos. After the shoot the Assistant Director didn't much want to take my phone calls. I got $200 for the day.

So if you are interested in doing this I have some recommendations. Find out what the project is. A major film, where your car is an important visual element is worth a lot of money. Depending on the rarity of your car don't be afraid to ask a thousand dollars a day. A major commercial where your car is important is also worth some bucks. Find out exactly what they want your car/truck for. Had I not been so naive, I could have asked and gotten $1,000 for the shoot, since the my truck was the "star vehicle".

Over the years, I've also turned down several Music Video "producers" who didn't have very good credentials. Be careful when trusting your car to people you don't know. If you are contacted, find out the name of the Production Company and find out if they have a real office with a real phone number.

1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.

richnan
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Glad to hear a respone on the dangers as i was considering checking it out !!!

silver hawk
http://thumb15.webshots.com/t/55/155/1/78/69/2455178690029093115TDRPdQ_th.jpg

2R5
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I also know a fella that put his 57 Chev in a movie . It was a feture car and it was neat to see a car that you knew in a movie but he had to have it repainted after it was over and had a battle getting money out of the movie company . Although it would be cool to have you car in a movie I don't know if I'd want to take the chance. Its fine for these casting companys to say its ok , they are making money with our cars ! I think I'll just enjoy looking at someone elses car in a movie and keep mine at home....don't need that hassles ;)

Lark Parker
02-06-2006, 06:51 PM
A local collector let the movie company use two of his Tuckers for the movie (Tucker).
One had cigarette burns on the upholstery when he got it back. Big legal wrangle followed.

It can be a little fun if you have the time to stay with your car.

I made some bucks on the movie Hoosiers even though my Stude truck wasn't distinguishable after the film editing. [u]It takes a lot of time</u>, so be prepared to spend the whole day even for background footage. The pay wasn't nuch for the time spent -- I did it for the experience of having done it. I was also an extra (grain elevator operator) in the background of the opening scene. That was cut too. It killed what could have been a promising career in tinsel town.

Those artistic California movie types lured me in by saying they wanted a John Holmes type with a pickup truck, and then they took advantage of a simple, humbly modest and trusting midwest boy with a heart of gold.

Now there aren't any buffalo left around here. Those b**t**ds.

DEEPNHOCK
02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
P0ints well taken..
As their spam states... They are just agents working for a fee.