55 speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 speedster

Could some one tell me what the numbers would be on the firewall of a 55 Speedster.

6H-K7 xxxx

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

6H-K7 xxxx

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Thank's; Saw the 55 Speedster on ebay and wanted to make sure it was a real Speedster. I see enough errors in the pictures to question it.

Comment

Thank's; Saw the 55 Speedster on ebay and wanted to make sure it was a real Speedster. I see enough errors in the pictures to question it.

Comment

Keep in mind that body number plates are easily changed - just two screws. It is harder to change a serial number plate without it showing the change.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Keep in mind that body number plates are easily changed - just two screws. It is harder to change a serial number plate without it showing the change.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Speedsters are usually very easy to identify because they have different fibre dashes, diamond stitched leather upholstered seats, long hood ornament, always hardtops.

The cheaper ebay Speedster does not have the correct hood ornament or seat pattern, but I understand it has a correct ownership. I believe this car was discussed before in a thread here.

With a new Phantom leather? (presumed) interior, a rebuilt motor and a fresh repaint and repair, there are good $$ reasons for the difference.

BTW, the first 14 Speedsters were 6H-K5 since they were Presidents made into Speedsters by the factory.

Paul R

Comment

Speedsters are usually very easy to identify because they have different fibre dashes, diamond stitched leather upholstered seats, long hood ornament, always hardtops.

The cheaper ebay Speedster does not have the correct hood ornament or seat pattern, but I understand it has a correct ownership. I believe this car was discussed before in a thread here.

With a new Phantom leather? (presumed) interior, a rebuilt motor and a fresh repaint and repair, there are good $$ reasons for the difference.

BTW, the first 14 Speedsters were 6H-K5 since they were Presidents made into Speedsters by the factory.

Paul R

Comment

Working...
                  X