This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 28 Stude Owner Needs Parts

Just bought a 28 Commander with the Big 6. I'm going to need some help from the pros out there.

Here's what I know:
    Engine and chassis numbers:

serial #: 4081414
    Firewal #: EW-W 22958
    Bottom of the engine block: G 6 17
    Head #: G622 112588-2

This car has been stored for 30 years! Got the engine running. Sounds great. Carr will need a complete restoration but is pretty complete. I do need a few parts so anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Needed:
    1 - Tilt Ray 9 1/4 - 9 3/8" lense
    Radiator cap - Threaded style
    1 hood latch
    Windshield wiper blade
    All new rubber seals - doors, windows, etc.
    Lower rear door hinge
    2 - rear window cranks
    Cold and Advance control levers/knobs
    Front window crank out assy.

I hope to post some pictures once I get them uploaded to my web site.

Any help would be apprecated.

Rick

I could also use ANY information you guys may have about what I have bought. I'd like to know the HP rating on this engine too. I have seen a number of engine number lists and yet I can't find this one on any of them so I don't know much about it. The carb is made by Stewart #J2B5 which I also don't find on any of the lists.

The exhast and the carb are on the drivers side by the way. A lot of the pirtures I have seen they are on the pass side.

This is the oldest car I have so I have a lot to learn.

Rick

28 Studebaker Commander
    66 Ford Galaxie 7-Litre Hardtop
    66 Ford Galaxie 7-Litre Convertable - 4 speed
    55 Pontiac Chieftain
    89 Mustang GT

Comment

Rick,
      Since you are now the proud owner of a '28 Stude, I would suggest that you contact the Antique Studebaker Club. You can access them through Google or Yahoo.
      These folks are owners of pre-WWII Studes and could probably be of help to you. They also publish a terrific magazine.
      Best of luck.
      Rog

'59 Lark Regal Hardtop
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Rick,
        It isn't that we don't like pre-war cars or anything, it's just that Studebaker made so many kinds of cars most of the people around here seem to know the most about post war Studebakers. I don't think the antique Studebaker club has a forum as nice as this, but maybe they've added one lately on the antique Studebaker club website.

I for one would still like to hear more about your car. If you can put a link to a picture in a post, that would be great!
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
        X