PDA

View Full Version : Ya never know

Mr.Biggs
01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
:D I was out on the west end of town the other day and found myself on a route that would take me past the one and only help-yourself wrecking yard here.
I'd been thinking about looking for some late bucket seats for a project and decided I had the time to take a walk-thru of the yard to see what was available.
Since I fancy the seats in late 80s Chrysler products, I headed straight for the farthest end of the the yard, where I knew they were segregated (Ford, GM, Mopar, foreign - all have their own section).
At one point I happened to look back over one shoulder and ended up doing a double-take that kinked my neck![B)] The cause of my head spin was the outline of a Stude nose that was prominent amongst the line-up of 80s-90s cars. A Lark! A 1960 Lark! Last thing I expected to find in this yard. Most the stuff here is 80s and later.
So I reveresed course and went to have a gander. '60 Lark V8 2-dr sedan. It had set a LONG time in the elements. But it STILL had good things to offer. Most of it's beltline mouldings were in good shape, doors, some glass, deck lid, hood, brakes - all hold promise of future use.
I'm gonna go back and save some of what's there. Rear axle was a type 27 TT 3.07 and it sported a Flight-o-matic tranny. Interior was mostly gone or TOTALLY rotted away. Poor thing.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

r1lark
01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Biggs,

I love your Stude huntin' stories! Keep them coming.

They remind me of some of the expeditions that Carl Shontz and I went on in the late '80s and '90s. Those trips were among the most fun I have had with Studebakers.

Next time, take your camera!<G>

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html