This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Repair--Again, Please

I've read with interest Eman's recent post on steering wheel repair for his '51. My wheel (Avanti) is broken where the rim "wire" is welded to the spoke. Question: can the plastic be cut away sufficiently to allow the broken weld to be rewelded and then can this removed plastic be "remolded" with PC-7 or PC-11? Anyone tried this type of repair as opposed to filling cracks in the plastic? I have been unable to find anyone able to repair the Avanti wheel. I am reluctant to pay upwards of $1000 to have this done IF I CANNOT BE ASSURED THAT THE WORK IS GUARANTEED. I've had serious restoration issues with three vendors who are prominent advertisers in TW and am beginning to question trusting work to others.
    wagone

Wagone, I might be able to help on the weld repair of the wheel, but I don't like to play with the plastic part so if you want to do the plastic stuff yourself fine. Also I would not guarantee that the sun will come up tomorrow. But if you can not find a way of doing it send me a mail. Also I am a CFSO so I will not hurt you when it comes to cost.
    Alan

Comment

Working...
    X