This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker farm wagon circa 1880

I am the director of Compass Inn Museum in Laughlintown, PA. We have received a donation of a Studebaker Wagon, circa 1880. It is missing a seat but otherwise is in good condition. It needs painting but we can tell that the wagon was green, the wheels were blue and the axles were red. The rear axle has a serial number and the word "Studebaker" on it.

Here's my problem. I need to give the donors an IRS form with the estimated value of the wagon. Any ideas of where I might find an idea of what it is worth. We are a small historical site, not for profit, funded by donations, memberships, and grants so hiring an appraiser is not my preferred option. Any websites out there I can access? I have contacted the Studebaker Museum months ago and not received any response. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ginnie

If Phil Brown from the museum has not gotten back to you I would suggest contacting Mike Margerum at Swab Wagon Company, Elizabethtown, Pa. They were a wagon producer from the late 1800's, Studebaker dealership until 1966 and currently manufacture emergency vehicle bodies for all chassis. Mike is descendant patriarch of the clan and knows his Studebakers.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X