PDA

View Full Version : January TW issue - new member

tonymaddux
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Several days ago there were some members talking about not having their January TW issue yet( I couldn't locate the thread just now) and was wondering if they all had received theirs. I got my membership card in the mail just before Christmas, but I haven't gotten a TW yet. Maybe I'm rushing things.

Roscomacaw
01-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah Tony, that first issue's usually slow in getting to you. Just a quirk of getting into the "groove", if you will. I understand your & bill's anxiousness.[:p]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

BShaw
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I queried Mark Wheeler, SDC Membership Secretary, on this a bit ago and here is his reply:

"It takes one to one-and-a-half months to begin receiving
Turning Wheels. The mailing lists are sent to the printer ONE MONTH
before the issue month. For example, the list for the January 2006
issue was sent to the printer at the beginning of December 2005.
Therefore, if someone joins say on the 15th of December, the first issue
they will receive is February 2006."

I'll add this info to the Turning Wheels page of this website for future reference.

-BShaw
Webmaster
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion

John Ratliff
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
You guys complain about receiving Turning Wheels- well in the three years I have been a member I have had two times of not getting it at all. Lots of times it comes just befor the end of the month. Someone at the postoffice must like it. Have'nt got my Jan. issue yet.

I am up here in the north end of the Sonoma wine coutry. I suspect the person is a wino or stoned.
When I called about missing issues to the SDC I would get one first class in a few days.

John R