This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts needed for 1928 commander

I was lucky enough to run into a person that was selling his 1928 Studebaker Commander.[:0] It is in running shape, but in need of complete restoration.[xx(] I am looking for replacements parts to completely rebuild it from the groud up.[}] Any help where to buy parts for these early Studebakers would be very much appreciated![^]

Thanks in advance!

Donald Terrien
    Green Bay WI.

This is where you need to address questions about your Commander.

We're happy to tell what we can about Studebakers but this forum pretty much focuses on 40s and later Studebakers. There's very few of us here that could point you at parts sources for something that ancient.
    The above site offers membership in the Antique Studebaker Club and their bi-monthly publication is a good read with a fair-sized classified section for parts and services. Good luck!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi, I just wrote an ad for a 1928 Commander project for sale here in Ferndale, WA. Call Lowell at 360-384-3376 for info.

Brian

Brian K. Curtis

Comment

theantiquestudebakerclub.com is in my opinion and rather poorly run webpage! 90 % of the links I try to click on say, "Under construction".
        quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

This is where you need to address questions about your Commander.

We're happy to tell what we can about Studebakers but this forum pretty much focuses on 40s and later Studebakers. There's very few of us here that could point you at parts sources for something that ancient.
        The above site offers membership in the Antique Studebaker Club and their bi-monthly publication is a good read with a fair-sized classified section for parts and services. Good luck!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

That may be, but there's nothing we here can do about it. I can say, as a recipient of their bi-monthly publication, that it's an interesting read and the classified section alone is worth the price of subscription (if you're in need of parts).
          There's not alot of "How-To" articles in it but rather tales of individuals and their project cars and also outings of club members.
          Again, no one here has much knowledge of that vintage of Stude nor a sense of where parts might be found.
          Wish we COULD be of more help.[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

ASC is currently using the AACA for their discussion forums. Click here and scroll down to the Studebaker forums. You can choose pre-war, post-war, buy & sell.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks Dwaine G. That link helped alot. It is a very useful sight! And thanks to evryone else who placed comments for me. Happy Motoring!

Don

Comment

Working...
              X