O'Rileys enlightened today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Rileys enlightened today

Started to town this morning,backed out of the carport .I heard this ting-a-ling sound.OhOh ,universal jointi assumed.Stoped by O'Rileys parts store to pick up a couple joint for my 92 work truck.I asked the boy behind the counter if they had any parts in stock for Studebakers.He scoffed and said " you kidding they were all crushed years ago ,who wants a studebaker? Im a blue oval man my self".Well it kinda ticked me off ,and i proceded to inform him of studebakers.After a 10 or 15 minute introduction to studebaker and there accomplishments.He just stood there slack-jawed and said "really".I just turned and started to leave the store he asked if i wanted the joints? I said nope im going up to napa they won't make fun of my stude.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

My first Studebaker used "Ford" for one U-joint and "GM" for the other.
    Both had been desuigned and made by the same "Power Transmission" company, I assume.
    They saw no reason for designing something when someone else was willing to do it for them.

Same with the other companies.

Karl

Comment

My first Studebaker used "Ford" for one U-joint and "GM" for the other.
      Both had been desuigned and made by the same "Power Transmission" company, I assume.
      They saw no reason for designing something when someone else was willing to do it for them.

Same with the other companies.

Karl

Comment

That's pretty funny! I wonder how shocked and wrong he'd feel if you had said: while I am here, I'll take a "U" joint for a '64 Chev 1/2 ton. Then when he finds it "ON THE SHELF" you could say: thanks, that's the one I need for the Stude.!!!!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's pretty funny! I wonder how shocked and wrong he'd feel if you had said: while I am here, I'll take a "U" joint for a '64 Chev 1/2 ton. Then when he finds it "ON THE SHELF" you could say: thanks, that's the one I need for the Stude.!!!!!!! [:0][:0][:0]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich,I may just do that tomorrow ,just for the h*ll of it.

Comment

Thanks StudeRich,I may just do that tomorrow ,just for the h*ll of it.

Comment

What a shame. The O'Riley's here has a young guy who loves nothing better than going thru the old car parts books that they have, and finding what you need.

Comment

What a shame. The O'Riley's here has a young guy who loves nothing better than going thru the old car parts books that they have, and finding what you need.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

I am happy to say that my O'Reilly's has young man here with the same attitude. I spent 45 minutes one afternoon while he went from book to book to get me the parts numbers for my Lark.

Randy_G
                    South Bend or Bust 2007!
                    God I miss chrome on cars.
                    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

I am happy to say that my O'Reilly's has young man here with the same attitude. I spent 45 minutes one afternoon while he went from book to book to get me the parts numbers for my Lark.

Randy_G
                      South Bend or Bust 2007!
                      God I miss chrome on cars.
                      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

The AutoZone where we used to live had a crew like that...
                        They'd see me walk in and just point me to the catalog rack...
                        (Especially if I had my coffee cup[])...
                        One day their regional manager walked in and saw the catalog rack.
                        He personally picked it up and took it out and threw it in the dumpster.
                        Told his crew that the were [u]NOT</u> to look things up on paper, as it took too long.
                        If it was not something they could click on to find, just say "no sir, we do not have it" and move on the the next quick sale.
                        After he left, the crew went out and fished the catalog rack and put it back on the side counter.
                        Sadly, that is the state of the auto supply market today....
                        Finding (and supporting) an 'old school' jobber is as hard as finding an old style hardware store...
                        Jeff[8D]

------------------
                        quote:
                        Chuck
                        ------------------
                        Randy_G
                        ------------------

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                        Brooklet, Georgia
                        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                        '61 Hawk (project)
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The AutoZone where we used to live had a crew like that...
                          They'd see me walk in and just point me to the catalog rack...
                          (Especially if I had my coffee cup[])...
                          One day their regional manager walked in and saw the catalog rack.
                          He personally picked it up and took it out and threw it in the dumpster.
                          Told his crew that the were [u]NOT</u> to look things up on paper, as it took too long.
                          If it was not something they could click on to find, just say "no sir, we do not have it" and move on the the next quick sale.
                          After he left, the crew went out and fished the catalog rack and put it back on the side counter.
                          Sadly, that is the state of the auto supply market today....
                          Finding (and supporting) an 'old school' jobber is as hard as finding an old style hardware store...
                          Jeff[8D]

------------------
                          quote:
                          Chuck
                          ------------------
                          Randy_G
                          ------------------

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                          Brooklet, Georgia
                          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                          '61 Hawk (project)
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It ALL has to do with the Person(or persons)that You are dealing with......Some stores (all franchises or independents)seem to have someone (usually older) that is willing to help. Ask around ....You will find that store and person !I recently went to a O'Reilys and they had... in stock.... all tune up parts for my Hawk ! [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                            (formerly chevpartsman)
                            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                            Lewisville,NC

Comment

It ALL has to do with the Person(or persons)that You are dealing with......Some stores (all franchises or independents)seem to have someone (usually older) that is willing to help. Ask around ....You will find that store and person !I recently went to a O'Reilys and they had... in stock.... all tune up parts for my Hawk ! [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                              (formerly chevpartsman)
                              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                              Lewisville,NC

Comment

Working...
                              X