This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spokane Pictures

Pictures from the 2005 National Meet at Spokane are up on the SDC web site under "Resources". Thanks to Claude Chmielewski (alias "Studeski") Here's a link to them.

Maybe the pic link to the 2004 meet pictures under "Events" should be updated?

-Dick-

So like, I had just gotten back from a World Cruise (compliments of the US Navy!) and didn't make it up to Spokane in '05. I see by theses pictures that there was a car my brother and/or Dad didn't see or tell me about. Hopefully someone else did! It's a brown '57 2 door sedan. I can't tell if it's a Champion or Commander, just that it's a 'Custom' (as opposed to a 'Delux'). Did anyone get any better pictures of this car? I'd like even better to know whose it is! Please help! Thanks!
    [8D]

StudeDave
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '65 Cruiser
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Tell Studsky he takes some very uncomplementry pictures almost as bad as the DMV ones.

Comment

I can tell you about that 57. It's a champion 2 door, and belongs to Frances Prefontaine from North of Edmonton Alberta, Canada. He's a member of the Edmonton Chapter and a GREAT guy. He's logged lots of steering wheel time on that machine, i believe it's been to South Bend once too. If you need any more info, lmk- i may even have another pic or two. Evan

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I live near Spokane (not in it, thankfully...local political commentary) and I'd like to know where the junkyard is?
          I'd like to take a look.

I visited the convention (it was before I joined the club) and was very impressed.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

I live near Spokane (not in it, thankfully...local political commentary) and I'd like to know where the junkyard is?
            I'd like to take a look.

I visited the convention (it was before I joined the club) and was very impressed.
            I went with Gord and Claude and Fred to the "secret junk yard" (in Gord's GT Hawk). I could tell you where it is...but then I'd have to kill you.[}]

-Dick-
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

You obviously have a better memory than I Dick, but then you are a lot younger. All I can remember of the old car yard is the cold rain, cool cars and an occasional chest pain. Since he didn't have any M-series I don't have to remember where he was but I would like to check out the Kaisers for the Dana 41 rear ends. I still need a carrier for the 4.09 ring and pinion that I have.
              And Alan, I think that Claude did a great job on some of the pictures, I don't look anywhere near as good in person as I do in the Pic. with Gord. (G) Fred

Comment

Fred, that is me on the bottom center. It makes me look older than I think I am.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Oldcals

You obviously have a better memory than I Dick, but then you are a lot younger. All I can remember of the old car yard is the cold rain, cool cars and an occasional chest pain. Since he didn't have any M-series I don't have to remember where he was but I would like to check out the Kaisers for the Dana 41 rear ends. I still need a carrier for the 4.09 ring and pinion that I have.
                  And Alan, I think that Claude did a great job on some of the pictures, I don't look anywhere near as good in person as I do in the Pic. with Gord. (G) Fred
                  I remember everything you did Fred (except the chest pain). I think it was near Tekoa, but Gord would know for sure. He finally got export clearance for the Suburban he bought in Portland last Sunday and headed across the boarder today. He should be home by Sunday. Ask again then, JBOYLE, if he hasn't responded.

-Dick-
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great pics i know ya had fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X